Ouch! This is gunna hurt!!

Options
WELL! Hello all and thanks for this terrific page! I had my gallbladder out last year and have been gaining weight ever since! I also have tried losing weight during this time and can't seem to shake it at all!! :(:( so here I am with a military precision menu and exercise technique and hope to burn this fat off from my belly!!!!! Wish me luck and hope to get to know some of ya to compare weightloss and hopefully motivate each other to our goals!!

Heres to a happy and healthy lifestyle!!! xoxoxox <3

Replies

• MrsJazi
    MrsJazi Posts: 17
    Options
    Good luck! I hope you reach your goal.
  • SMJ3
    SMJ3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gained weight too after having my gallbladder removed.. I wish you the best
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • celtickarasu
    Options
    Aww, I don't want to hear this. I was just told I'm going to have to have gallbladder surgery this summer. No one said anything about gaining weight. It's not fair!
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a freind if you want!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I may need mine out soon too...uugh I heard you loose weight when your gallbladder comes out!

Hope you achieve your goals!!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I did lose weight after mine was taken out, to the tune of about 30lbs! Everyone is different!

@the OP: Good luck on your journey, you've got what it takes! :-)
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. If you stay strong and keep it in your mind, that you need to do this, you will accomplish it with no problems. Just do not get frustrated if it doesn't happen as quick as you want it to. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awwwww I love this site already!! I wasn't expecting this many nice people! Thanks for the quick responses and warm welcomes!!! :):):)

Yeah, unfortunately I gained weight after my gallbladder was out - I had always heard that this wouldn't be the case! The nurse, the doctors, they all said I wouldn't gain weight, however the day I went in for surgery the Surgeon said that it does vary in cases, however some peoples bodies react differently to not having a gallbladder. Unfortunately my body's reaction was to hold on to any fat that I ate. My doctor says that it will cause problems with my cholesterol in the future as well! So this is why I am in dire need to lose weight! I just want to feel like I did before the surgery!

But I must say, that I don't mind gaining weight as long as I dont have that silly pain in my stomach anymore! My pain was dreadful!! So it is deffinately worth the surgery either way!

xoxoxo <3
  • gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and motivation!!! I think this site is going to be the best thing to happen to my waistline!!! Thank you thank you :):) xoxoxo
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Gina, and welcome aboard!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :)
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I had my gall bladder out about six weeks ago. Right after I lost a ton of weight (mostly because I couldn't handle the pain meds and was throwing up). I gained weight after that only because I realized I could eat without worrying about an attack. In my own opinion, I think you should be fine as long as you keep an eye on things. And eat low-fat at first because otherwise things "come out" too fast if you know what I mean :S
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some extra encouragement =).