Is there any way to control period bloat?

Options
rhinomidget
rhinomidget Posts: 52 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
(I have no idea what category to put this in so apologies if this is the wrong category)

So, all women are subjected to that dreaded time of the month...but, for me, not only is the annoyance of the entire situation enough, I bloat like crazy too and basically look the way I feel; like crap. (please excuse the generic bitching and whining)

Is there any way, besides the obvious (eat clean, exercise, drink water, avoid salt/processed foods) to avoid this awful bloated or do I just have to ignore it/wait it out and pray that I'll go back to normal soon?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How about just ignore it. It is part of life.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nope. Eating right and exercising will help, but it comes with being a woman, so just get used to it, lol. :)
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I find that doing more cardio and taking in more caffeine than usual helps
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Well I'm sorry I have no advice for you but I can tell you just from personal experience that otc diuretic like midol do not work for me. I bloat like crazt too! Stomach, ankles even my fingers! good luck :smiley:
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Talk with your Dr?
  • elysedorm
    elysedorm Posts: 15
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Peppermint or peppermint/chamomile tea helps with bloat and cramps somewhat. I also take 1 betaine hcl capsule and a ginger/turmeric before heavier meals, so maybe look into some herbs that might help you.

I forgot 1 other thing... for people who have a hard time with pms symptoms magnesium deficiency can be the problem. You will want to take magnesium citrate if you do it internally.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    exercise more .. hard but helps

now what can you do about those PMT food cravings? Apart from willpower of course