I guess I'm sticking with the plan.

Options
I have recently decided to cut down on coffee. I've been having it with a lot of sugary creamer. Well, 2 days in I decide that I just need sugary creamer. :smile: I accidentally bought sugar free! And although I was initially sad, it is better for me that that happened. I can't imagine enjoying a whole pot of coffee with that cream. It's very meh.

Replies

• jpatchesparker
    jpatchesparker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've seen a huge difference personally since I cut out coffee - been having peppermint and green teas, and i feel 10000x better for it! I've had the odd cup if I've been craving it (probably 2 in the last 3 weeks), but I don't feel that familiar "I need coffee or I'm going to kill someone" urge anymore :smiley:
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've seen a huge difference personally since I cut out coffee - been having peppermint and green teas, and i feel 10000x better for it! I've had the odd cup if I've been craving it (probably 2 in the last 3 weeks), but I don't feel that familiar "I need coffee or I'm going to kill someone" urge anymore :smiley:

I do plan on weaning myself off it eventually. I get headaches when I don't drink it now. (From lack of sleep) I'm thinking if I slowly switch to black tea I'll feel better. I'm just not getting much sleep having an 8 week old baby and a 2 year old.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

I do plan on weaning myself off it eventually. I get headaches when I don't drink it now. (From lack of sleep) I'm thinking if I slowly switch to black tea I'll feel better. I'm just not getting much sleep having an 8 week old baby and a 2 year old. [/quote]

Actually your headaches are most likely from your addiction to caffeine. My husband was drinking two or three pots a day in college. We went to visit my parents over a Christmas break and they had kicked caffeine years ago. We didn't think of it and drank the decaf. By the afternoon he had such a huge headache he was nauseous. We had to go buy him some Mountain Dew! And yeah, I can relate- having a newborn and a two year old - you won't get good sleep for a few years, but this too shall eventually pass.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i drink coffee black. and i have a few cups through the course of the day. personally, i have no problems sleeping or anything, so i see no real reason to cut out caffeine.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Cut out coffee? Yikes. I cut way back and drink a better quality coffee now. One cup in the morning and I'm all set versus a whole pot of the cheapy stuff. (Which I'm drinking now because I'm away from home and it's gross!)