Secret weight Loss weapon

Options
I am back onto MFP and would love to know everyone's favourite tip for there personal weight loss? And what works best any new tips people swear by? However weird or standard would be cool to hear from you all :-)

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    get moving, whenever you can - every little helps :)
    and obviously CICO ...and get yourself some nice mfp friends to keep you motivated all the time :)
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The 5;2 worked for me, and coconut oil/healthy fats on non fast days combined with low carb!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Consistently burn more than you consume.
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Start by not trying to quit everything at once. Ease into it, make some slight changes to your diet and keep on improving the food you eat. Don't feel humiliated and guilty if you have a bad day food wise. Pick yourself up the next day and carry on regardless. Make changes to your life, watch less TV, use the stairs instead of escalators when you can. All these subtle changes will help. Just grow into them, if you try doing it all at once it will be really difficult to maintain, you need to turn it into a lifestyle that you can live with. :-)
  • MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Recruit love ones to eat healthy and workout with you...so you're not alone. Plus, if you get your kids involved, hopefully they will have better eating/exercising habits when they get older.
  • ashleyvrewss
    ashleyvrewss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm loving these tips guys!! I always find I don't lose when I don't exercise it's only when i do make the effort to do some form of exercise I notice the scale changes and looser clothes! I could be eating less even but nope untill I move my butt nothing shifts!
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    God, Love, delight in learning & fine tuning, Listening to my own body and what it needs & Abundant Happiness. :)
  • kayleighmc123
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of everything. If you want a little bit of chocolate, have it. Don't leave it for a week then go mad all weekend because you've deprived yourself so much. Works for me anyway :smile:
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    also Laughter, lightheartedness, & a cheerful spirit :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Make the commitment and be prepared to deal with the consequences.
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I find that if I cheat on the weekends, and eat my exercise calories during the week, I lose more than when I don't cheat.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    zezelryck wrote: »
    Start by not trying to quit everything at once. Ease into it, make some slight changes to your diet and keep on improving the food you eat....
    This is working for me. About 8 months ago, I started reducing snacks at night and walking 10000 steps every day.
    Then my weight loss plateaued after 2 months so started eating healthier breakfasts and lunches while maintaining the same calorie intake (reducing or cutting out bread, eating more greek yoghurt etc), plateaued after 2 months and then started c25k and lost weight again.
    My weight loss rate has decreased partly because I exceed my calorie intake at least 3 days per week (night time snacks) but I think my exercise level is counterbalancing this.
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me, the secret weapon was carbs. I didn't realize how the body burns energy and when I hit my first plateau, lowering my carbs is what did the trick!
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Start by not trying to quit everything at once. Ease into it, make some slight changes to your diet and keep on improving the food you eat. Don't feel humiliated and guilty if you have a bad day food wise. Pick yourself up the next day and carry on regardless. Make changes to your life, watch less TV, use the stairs instead of escalators when you can. All these subtle changes will help. Just grow into them, if you try doing it all at once it will be really difficult to maintain, you need to turn it into a lifestyle that you can live with. :-)

SUPER ADVICE!!!!!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    get a food scale
    weigh/log/measure everything
    realize that no foods are "bad" and you can eat the foods you like just less of them
    carbs and sugar are not evil, you can eat them and lose weight...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    When you exercise, do it consistently. No matter what you do, frequency, intensity, duration, just be consistent.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    xShreddx wrote: »
    For me, the secret weapon was carbs. I didn't realize how the body burns energy and when I hit my first plateau, lowering my carbs is what did the trick!

LOL
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Trust the math and patience! Patience is my best friend right now. :smile:
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    For me exercise was never the tough part, clean eating still is. This is what I've found working for me.
    I listen to my body. I eat when my body is hungry and not due to craving or to please someone by company or for not wasting that food. And I stop when I'm done. I let my body tell me the need. Hope it makes sense. :grin:
  • JDunkley89
    JDunkley89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

As a lot of people are saying, this is great advice! I've lost 25lbs so far. I basically started by getting active regularly. I started doing Muay Thai three times a week, and discovered that I actually like exercising when I'm not doing something that is boring and repetitive. So find something you actually look forward to doing. Diet-wise, I found healthy foods that I liked eating. I started weighing everything, and tracking everything that I was eating. Weighing my food and using measuring cups really helped me. I bought a Fitbit tracker, and I try to get at least 10,000 steps in a day. I live on the 6th floor of an apartment building, and 9/10 times I use the stairs. Just make small changes that are healthier, and they will start to add up!