Secret weight Loss weapon

Options

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    "Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition" -Alan Aragon
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    hard work
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Develop a positive relationship with food. Eating should only inspire guilt and shame if the food is stolen.
  • gmorris82
    gmorris82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not my secret weapon but a friend of mine doses up on amphetamines and hits the treadmill for literally all day sessions, i worry about her a lot.
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Trust the math and patience! Patience is my best friend right now. :smile:

::::: I agree, it takes time. Be patient and be ready to work hard for more than a month!
  • jgennace
    jgennace Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Once you change your lifestyle, you will grow to enjoy it. After a while you won't desire the old habits.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Sticking to it, even when it gets frustrating. There will be periods when you don't see the scale move at all, and that's ok. Just keep going. If need be, re-adjust your calories in, but don't give up. :smile:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    xShreddx wrote: »
    For me, the secret weapon was carbs. I didn't realize how the body burns energy and when I hit my first plateau, lowering my carbs is what did the trick!

Thanks for the laugh :)
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is logging everything I eat. If I stop logging I start gaining :neutral_face:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    get moving, whenever you can - every little helps :)

This right here. Move whenever possible.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Food scale, moderation, move more
  • rafikiphoto
    rafikiphoto Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Food scale, moderation, move more

Yep, that just about sums it up. I would add that once you exercise more then those endorphins make you feel great and are one addictive thing that IS good for you.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    In addition to the logging, healthy eating, and normal exercise, I find that hooping or dancing (for fun, to enjoy the motion) ends up helping a lot in the long run! Turn on some funky music with a good beat and get down.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    and no drugs, omg, whoever's using speed (a previous commenter's friend) is in for a world of hurt! You can get energy naturally with Vitamin B supplements.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I am back onto MFP and would love to know everyone's favourite tip for there personal weight loss? And what works best any new tips people swear by? However weird or standard would be cool to hear from you all :-)

Calories In vs. Calories Out
    No cold turkey quitting . . . small, gradual changes are the ones likely to stick the best
    Weigh/measure your foods accurately
    Don't cheat - if you eat it, log it and move on. Don't feel bad about going over as long as you aren't going over every day or anything. Have foods you enjoy, log it, leave it, move on.
    Figure out what works for you . . . every body is different!!!
  • bahuber5477
    bahuber5477 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My absolute best tips are as followed:
    Log every day
    DONT STOP working out....stopping and then restarting is awful. Working out is easy if its part of your routine.
    move
    Make small goals and reward yourself for each one.
    Do this for you and only you. So you can be healthier and happier.
  • threemonthjourney
    Options
    - doing half an hour of exercise a day, a small amount but sticking to it everyday to ensure it becomes part of your routine!
    - making small, gradual changes to your diet: and being honest with yourself about what you're eating, so for me that means logging all the calories i eat in a day, even if im going to be eating a load of crap at night (painful to log, but atleast im being honest lol)
    - choosing healthy foods i ENJOY eating, not just eating them because they are healthy
    - looking at clothes on missguided that i want to buy when im slimmer hehe
    - doing alot of leg/glute orientated weight-lifting, its a huge muscle so getting that strong and fit will go a long way in your average calorie burning ability at rest!
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Learn from the past, but don't get bogged down by it. Every day is a new day with no mistakes in it. :)
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Developing good small habits lead to big changes.