Thanksgiving Day game plan!

Options
Anyone taking Thanksgiving Day off from logging? I think it will probably be difficult to log every single bite.

I saw on the news where a dietician was giving some advice. He said to eat eggs with hot sauce first thing Thanksgiving morning, to get your metabolism really going. Then just eat lunch and dinner, with no extras in between, and of course to stop when you are full. I think I am going to try to go this route.

Anyone else have some good ideas? We are going to two different family meals, and it is going to be crazy!!

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I will be eating anything and everything put in front of me
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm eating a normal breakfast then running my annual 5k. A late lunch with the family will consist of small servings of the things I really like (large serving of my grandmothers amazing stuffing) and a good slice of my mom's pumpkin roll. Healthy snacking later in the day if I am hungry. Friday morning = right back on track. No guilt. Looking forward to it!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have a 90 min zumba class in the morning. Then plan on eating everything in moderation and not logging. No need to go crazy, it's just turkey.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Eat all the food! Drink all the drinks!

I will probably work out in the morning. I'll make it a heavy leg day so I can take advantage of all the extra food.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Kandis29 wrote: »
    I saw on the news where a dietician was giving some advice. He said to eat eggs with hot sauce first thing Thanksgiving morning, to get your metabolism really going.

Was this on Dr. Oz?

• wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I will try to log everything. I won't sweat it if I don't. Also running a 10K Turkey Trot in the morning so I can eat more turkey!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I will log everything... just not accurately or within any calorie goals/limits.

It's one day out of the year. Enjoy it.
  • LovelyMarie774
    LovelyMarie774 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to eye ball it. I know the cooking style at the household I'm eating at this year, so it won't be too difficult. It's just not worth freaking out over.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Anyone taking Thanksgiving Day off from logging? I think it will probably be difficult to log every single bite.

I saw on the news where a dietician was giving some advice. He said to eat eggs with hot sauce first thing Thanksgiving morning, to get your metabolism really going. Then just eat lunch and dinner, with no extras in between, and of course to stop when you are full. I think I am going to try to go this route.

Anyone else have some good ideas? We are going to two different family meals, and it is going to be crazy!!

I wouldn't listen to that dietician......your metabolism is always going....eggs and hot sauce won't boost it or get it "really going"

It's one day - eat, drink, enjoy the family/friends time, get back on track Friday.

• Kandis29
    Kandis29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can't remember, I think it was Good Morning America. But I haven't seen Dr Oz in ages, so not that.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving Day game plan!

_V1O0763_35012676.JPG.280x280_q85_crop-smart.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism never stops running.

I'll log breakfast, as I'll be at work and need something to eat. After that? Whatever happens. Luckily dinner is only for three people so there won't be all the food in the world, but I'll probably just enjoy and not count.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log most of it. Depends on how hard everything is to look up. I'm not worried about anything. It's one meal, and I don't tend to overeat by much. I'll be running in the morning, too, as it's a normal run day anyway.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Doing our annual 5k run in the morning. I'll eat everything, in moderation. Shooting to keep my total caloric intake under 2400-3000 calories.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do a quick add to keep up my streak and just eat sensibly.

Because I wear Invisalign braces and they have to stay in 22 hours a day, I can't snack really. So I'll just behave at dinner and fill up on veggies.

However, I've been eating at a huge deficit all week so I can have some pecan pie :)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I can't remember, I think it was Good Morning America. But I haven't seen Dr Oz in ages, so not that.

Whoever it was, he/she was obviously a quack... lol.

On topic, though... Thanksgiving is a free day for me. I will not log and I will not worry about calories, nor macros. Too much good food for me to worry about what I can and cannot eat on a holiday.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I will be eating all the things, and not logging any of the things. It's one day that I'm just going to enjoy with my family.
  • rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I ate at a larger deficit than normal the last 3 days, will run a 10 mile trail run Thursday morning, have a light breakfast of egg white/veggie omelet and them enjoy every bit of Thanksgiving food I consume. Friday will be a new day...will do the same thing with Christmas dinner with the family.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Only if it's magic eggs and hot sauce. Was is Dr. Seuss? New story instead of green eggs and ham? Lol!! I'll be busy cooking. Then maybe I'll be too tired to eat. :laugh: I'll log everything tho.