Favorite Brand of Running Shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I over-pronate as well. Apparently I've learned to compensate, because even at a walk I start a step, my ankle will cave in, then it corrects, over-corrects, and I end up pushing off of my outer three toes.

So, I can't really use stability shoes. Plus, my arches are low enough that any support usually feels like I'm running on a golf ball - I get bruises.

I've been using Saucony Kinvara 5s, but the toe box is a little cramped and I'd like to move to a zero drop, if I can find one that fits. The more of a drop I have, the more my knees bother me (Jumper's Knee), and I notice it even with the 4mm drop I have. Odd that my knees are happiest when I run in Keds. The pounding is miserable, and so are the blisters I get, but my knees have no trouble at all.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I currently have Nike Pegasus that I love. I'm not an avid runner, though, but I'm hoping to get more into it. After I bought them that's when I really read into going to a specialty store that measures gait. I'll be sure to do that for my next pair and I'll try some of the brands recommended here. :D
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I currently have Nike Pegasus that I love. I'm not an avid runner, though, but I'm hoping to get more into it. After I bought them that's when I really read into going to a specialty store that measures gait. I'll be sure to do that for my next pair and I'll try some of the brands recommended here. :D

I bought three pairs before I went to an actual running store. Now, that's all I will buy running shoes from.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Saucany Omni's and Brooks Adrenaline for minor over pronation and some cushioning for plantar fasciitis.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I love my merrell barefoot vapor shoes. I've bought three pairs now, I like them so well.
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My running store recommended Asics Gel GT-2000 2 based on my slight over pronation gait analysis about a year ago. I'm enjoying my second pair now. A few months ago I bought ASICS GEL-Super J33. They're lighter (less padding) but still provide some stability for over pronators. I currently plan to run in them at my Dec 13 half marathon. I have a pair of New Balance 880s that I ran in before my Asics and use them for yard work now. :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Asics. But I prefer the look of Nikes.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Brooks ghost, Saucony guide. Love both brands, looking into getting Mizuno fot spring season.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Saucony. Period.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing Asics since I started in April and they have been great for me.
  • runningforicecream
    Options
    I overpronate as well. The NewBalance 860s were one of the ones recommended to me after a fitting at the running store, but I chose the other option also recommended to me- Brooks Ravenna 5. I find them to be lighter, and a tad more flexible than the 860s. And the colors are better too, lol. I wanted to love the new Wave Inspire- they felt so nice around my foot-but the little plastic piece at the bottom of the laces is hard and when you flex your foot it jabs you.

Yep, a common complaint about that shoe. Funny thing is that it doesn't exist in their neutral trainers (Rider and Sayonara).

Actually I experience that with my Wave Rider as well. But I still love them.

I love Brooks Ghost but was getting blisters from them even when I was just doing short runs, so had to return them.

Am going to test out a pair of Saucony Triumph and a pair of Mizuno Evo Cursoris tomorrow. Got them in a sale. :D
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hate wearing anything other than Saucony's but I do have a bit of a beef with how fast the soles wear out leaving me walking on half foam, half rubber.

Has anyone found a brand that is otherwise similar but more durable?
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    I am not loyal to any brand. I love racing flats for short races and a 0mm drop shoe with more cushioning for longer distances