Vegemite to be the new superfood?? (/s)

Options
2»

Replies

• Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Oh, I'm definitely a happy little vegemite. I like it on bread with grilled cheese. If I don't have it for a few days I definitely crave it. I always pack a jar when I go overseas.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Haha, we have it here too ... I guess there are enough Aussies in Kathmandu that they stock it at some grocery stores! An Australian neighbor gave me some, and I rather liked it. My son likes it too ... partly, I suppose, for the Weirdness Factor, and also because he likes to quote Terry Pratchett about it being burnt beer soup or something.

I don't eat bread or rice crackers, though ... got any other good ways to enjoy Vegemite?
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    Anyone else not able to see that word written without singing the song?
  • KimWillBeThin81
    Options
    I either saw marmite or Vegemite the other day at the opening of the new Publix in my town. It was in the international isle. Along with many chocolate bars, cadbury drinking chocolate and many other things I've heard about but have never seen. If I ever was that adventurous I might buy some and give it a try.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Pffft. I eat the yeast from the beer I brew. Wanna talk superfood? It makes you feel cool, brah.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I only accept Vegemite sandwiches from tall, muscular, smiling men.

...and only in Brussels.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Haha, we have it here too ... I guess there are enough Aussies in Kathmandu that they stock it at some grocery stores! An Australian neighbor gave me some, and I rather liked it. My son likes it too ... partly, I suppose, for the Weirdness Factor, and also because he likes to quote Terry Pratchett about it being burnt beer soup or something.

I don't eat bread or rice crackers, though ... got any other good ways to enjoy Vegemite?

It's yummy on celery with cheese.

• Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

So so much better than our national anthem..
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Love or hate Marmite - they advertise their product in this way and it's true...I love it. In fact it's become part of the language "it's like Marmite" (love it or hate it)...