Thanksgiving Day game plan!

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My plan:

-Eat a large bowl of oatmeal for breakfast with cinnamon & brown sugar
    -Wait about 1hr (get high chair ready to go, pack diaper bag)
    -Exercise:
    1. 54 mins Cardio
    2. 54 mins Core *** if there is enough time after cardio ***
    - Take a shower/get dressed/do make-up ect
    - Wake up my husband (he works nights)
    - Cook Sweet Potato Souffle
    - Help finish getting the boys ready to go (hopefully my husband will have them just about ready to walk out the door)
    - Go to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving and stuff my face
    - Comeback home
    - Do 54 min Core workout if I wasn't able to do it in the morning
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to eat a small breakfast, hit the gym for some cardio specifically to bank extra food calories (usually I just lift), and then eat moderately.
    I would probably just pig out but we have a vacation next week and I have a completely arbitrary and unimportant goal weight that I really wanted to achieve for when we go =/
  • kaseasteele
    kaseasteele Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Doing a 15 - 16 mile trail run, then eating whatever the heck I want. I'll probably log breakfast and whatnot... but who knows about dinner. I may be having too much fun to even remember to do so.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm only eating a piece of turkey, non creamy vegetables (if there are any, that is), and literally one bite worth of potatoes and stuffing. No desserts, no bread or rolls, no appetizers, maybe two glasses of wine. And that's it.
    I've never really enjoyed eating at thanksgiving (actually, holiday parties are terrifying tests of self control for me), so I kind of dread it, honestly.

This is just sad. :cry:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I'm only eating a piece of turkey, non creamy vegetables (if there are any, that is), and literally one bite worth of potatoes and stuffing. No desserts, no bread or rolls, no appetizers, maybe two glasses of wine. And that's it.
    I've never really enjoyed eating at thanksgiving (actually, holiday parties are terrifying tests of self control for me), so I kind of dread it, honestly.

This sounds terrible....I'm sad for you
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm British so I don't have today as a holiday, but I feel sorry for anyone logging their calories today.
  • randomtai
    Options
    MCIBTY wrote: »
    I'm British so I don't have today as a holiday, but I feel sorry for anyone logging their calories today.

Why? One day is not going to derail much. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to log today, but automatically did at breakfast. That's it though.

I'm not worried. Been maintaining over a year, haven't gained weight while recovering from a broken leg (even maintained my fitness level except for left knee).

I have to get wine to bring with me to 2 places this evening.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    MCIBTY wrote: »

Why? One day is not going to derail much. *shrug* :ohwell:

...Exactly. It's a holiday. Enjoy it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to log today, but automatically did at breakfast. That's it though.

I'm not worried. Been maintaining over a year, haven't gained weight while recovering from a broken leg (even maintained my fitness level except for left knee).

I have to get wine to bring with me to 2 places this evening.

I logged the banana I ate at 3:45. Everything else? Sorry.
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did all the cooking so I put my recipies in MFP and then adjusted them as I cooked. Kind of crazy. I know its just one day but I want to keep my downward trend going. I made some minor substitutions when cooking.(half truvia baking/half sugar, no crust in pumpkin pie, no butter in stuffing, less oil on roasted veggies, no breadcrumbs on mac n cheese etc) I still had 1200 cal just for lunch and will be over for the day but I feel better knowing that I won't have to spend a week getting back on track.
    Also exercise. In between cooking I jumped on the elliptical in living room....
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I logged my breakfast right now... it's noon already?! :o Wow... I really slept in. :sleepy::yawn: I'll be logging the rest of my day tomorrow as I have to type the recipe for my dinner into this thing. Fingers crossed it works!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I plan to weigh and log everything, same as every other day. Being a holiday doesn't mean 'taking time off logging' to me. That's the mentality that leads to failure.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner! 800 calories. I didn't gorge, everything was just so rich. I did all the cooking. Afterward I had a 40-minute walk in the sunshine with my tunes. I was just so full of energy.

I didn't have room for dessert, so I'll be having pumpkin pie for dinner. :)

It's just one day a year.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I did some lazy-*kitten* logging today. Normal breakfast, then nothing, thanksgiving late lunch/early dinner, a beer, and then thanksgiving desserts for dinner. Now I am happy as a clam and cant wait till next year.

I'd say I probably ate 2000 calories between my plate of lunch, and my plate of dessert. Oh, and that beer too. Its just one day.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Im gonna do a little light walking on the treadmill to help my food settle.
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Went for a run this afternoon and then was active in the kitchen all day (which I find curbs my appetite). Logged everything accurately and still in a deficit, woohoo!
  • randomtai
    Options
    WildOkapi wrote: »
    I plan to weigh and log everything, same as every other day. Being a holiday doesn't mean 'taking time off logging' to me. That's the mentality that leads to failure.

No it doesn't. :noway:
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Lol....i think, with almost a 190-day streak, not caring what i log today is not going to lead to failure. I am logging stuff, though. I could probably have just taken the day off, but i actually set my calories for this week to maintenance and ate at a deficit until today, so i should at the very least break even for the week.

And i intend to walk to the gas station by my house in an hour or so and get myself an a&w root beer. :p
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I only went over a couple of hundred and ate and drank what I wanted. I didnt feel deprived, plus drank beer and had alittle piece of dessert.