I'm not losing weight.....why? HELP :)

Options
I need a little advise. I have been logging in for 35 days and I have only lost 2lbs, I lose 1lb then gain 1lb. My setting are to lose 1lb a week, I'm doing the 50% Carbs, 30% Fat and 20% Protein, and my calories are 1510, and I never usually go over.... Any suggestions..... Thanks

Replies

• MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Your weight is only one puzzle piece in measuring your overall health/fit status. Are your clothes getting loser and does your body look more tone? I like taking periodic pictures of myself (front, back, side) and taking down some basic measurements (% body fat, neck, chest, waist, hips) to use as a reference.

It's hard to tell because you didn't mention what exercise/fitness plan you have. Personally, I would do more protein and less carbs and fat (but this is my preference). For me, I workout at the gym running and lifting weights. So, I need the protein to fuel my muscles and for recovery purposes. This is what I do, but everyone is different.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are logging accurately? Measuring/weighing everything? I found when I first started I "guesstimated" a lot and had the same issues, not losing.

Then I started weighing everything and once you have a better understanding of what a portion actually looks like, you'll find that you may have been eating much more than you expected.

We can't see your diary so it's hard to see whether you're going wrong somewhere in food choices, or whether it may be portions....

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Open your diary please as suggested bit its normally you are underestimating what you are eating and overestimating what you burn.

the answer is normally tighten up your logging so you can maintain an accurate deficit. May require you to eat less and burn more.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The most common reason people don't lose weight is because they eat more than they use. You may think you are eating the right amount but it is so easy to push that figure over the recommended amount of calories. That little bit of cheese wont matter, that couple of sweets or that bite of a biscuit. The list goes on. Even just by being out on measuring -well it was only 2 grams over etc etc etc. Also the amount of exercise over estimated on calories. The answer usually is eat less, move more
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    donnat0511 wrote: »
    I need a little advise. I have been logging in for 35 days and I have only lost 2lbs, I lose 1lb then gain 1lb. My setting are to lose 1lb a week, I'm doing the 50% Carbs, 30% Fat and 20% Protein, and my calories are 1510, and I never usually go over.... Any suggestions..... Thanks

how are you measuring and logging your calories

because if you've been logging for 35 days you're eating too much
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    eat less or work out more.

probably due to wrong calorie measurements.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi
    i was in the same situation and then i found out that i was actually miscalculating the calories. I wasnt weighing ALL My food. And when i weighed i was shocked ..because i was using the closest option from the database and i found that i was eating twice as much calories! Ive started weighing everything..and hope i will lose more when i weigh myself in next week.
  • donnat0511
    donnat0511 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, yes I do guesstimate my weight of food. I will start weighing everything and let you all know if I lose next week..... I walk my dog for about 30mins a day and I have a fitbit so I get on average 7000 steps a day, I try not to eat those calories.... I won't give up though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, yes I do guesstimate my weight of food. I will start weighing everything and let you all know if I lose next week..... I walk my dog for about 30mins a day and I have a fitbit so I get on average 7000 steps a day, I try not to eat those calories.... I won't give up though.

you're eating more than you think.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Weigh measure, and keep in mind that you are female and 44, so the huge amounts of carbs might not be doing you any favours.....
    I had to change my macros to 35/35/30 in order to see a difference once I hit peri menopouse....
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Oh, and add some resistance training, your bones and clothes will thank you!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Are you sure you are logging accurately? Measuring/weighing everything? I found when I first started I "guesstimated" a lot and had the same issues, not losing.

Then I started weighing everything and once you have a better understanding of what a portion actually looks like, you'll find that you may have been eating much more than you expected.

We can't see your diary so it's hard to see whether you're going wrong somewhere in food choices, or whether it may be portions....
    same here i was'nt losing for 3 months because i always was eating far more then i burn i did'nt understand serving size or portion control back then."guesstimated"

• buckinghnt
    buckinghnt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on a diet that prohibits carbs aside from veggies. NO SUGAR. I am allowed 20g of sugar a day and a lot of the time don't even hit that. The only sugar I actually consume is naturally occurring sugar and no more than 20 grams. I'm down 9 lbs so I know that something has got to be working. On this diet, your body is forced to burn the fat since it doesn't have any sugar to convert to energy. It's kind of hard to get used to, but once you've put your body into ketosis, the carb cravings seem to go away... Usually after about the first week. Try less carbs since your body will immediately store them for later use. Of course if you don't burn them - you won't lose weight and will possibly gain. Everyone here has a lot of great advice! Good luck to you!
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

English is not my mother tongue. Could you please explain what "never usually" means ?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Not measuring out you foods and "never usually" go over...You are consuming more than you think you are. Since you have actually lost a couple of pounds, probably not all that much more, but it will still make a difference.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This post is very useful for people in your situation: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

I highly recommend that you take a look at it.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    English is not my mother tongue. Could you please explain what "never usually" means ?

'never usually' could mean 'seldom' perhaps. 'usually never' go over would be more common usage in my area.