364lb to 238lb B+A Picture.. My Journey So Far

Abstraktimus
Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
I was a regular teenager. I was addicted to games, junk food and energy drinks. Over the years of playing I had impressively racked up 364lbs of weight, a BMI way off the charts and a high score of calories daily. I've blogged before about why I got started and the challenges etc. I've faced and you can read about it all here; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Abstraktimus

Basically, I started by counting my calories and getting strict with my tornado of a diet. After a couple of months of getting my diet in order. I started cardio in my room, boxing, jogging on the spot, star jumps and also I walked 3 miles a day. Then I eventually progressed into jogging. I then bought a weight set and started lifting, it wasn't that heavy to be honest but it felt like a work out because I was quite weak!

Right now, I stand at 6'0 and 238lbs and I'm still classed as obese on a BMI scale. My midriff is still pretty spherical, my legs still wobble and my chins still have a few clones but I'm less than I used to be but aren't we all once we start this? My goal is still a while away, I predict I'll have it in the next couple of years. I'm not just talking about weight loss here, I'm talking about until I have my goal body, the body I've dreamed of since I was a sprog. Back then, my goal started out as wanting to lose 1 stone (14lbs). Once I did that, I made it my goal to lose 2 stone (28lbs). I think you can see where this is going? So, now I've lost 126lbs but I'm not stopping yet! I haven't finished quite yet, it's been a long and bloody amazing journey and there's a light that's beginning to appear. I'm starting to feel better about myself, clothes are starting to fit, muscles are starting to strengthen and feelings are becoming manageable.

I'm still on my journey, mentally and physically and I know what it's like to feel like you're constantly fighting a losing battle, so if anyone has any questions, wants to talk or needs any advice. Please feel free to add me, message me, stalk me outside of work or reply below!

Thanks guys.
Dan

Before:
a8fc08b2880bb8c6e3ee948da01182ff60ac.jpg

Now:
a8fc4ee8c649f4ed9eff83acd217a4eed453.jpg

Before and After:
a8fc591def0df3117b8e646eb94108cde796.jpg

Replies

• HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Amazing story, you've come a long way. Congratulations, keep at it and you'll be where you want to be in time. You have a lovely face :)
  • Amazing story, you've come a long way. Congratulations, keep at it and you'll be where you want to be in time. You have a lovely face :)
    y3p

• You've come so far! Amazing story and truely inspiring :) Keep up the fantastic work :)
  • southernbuttercup
    southernbuttercup Posts: 61 Member
    What a difference, you look amazing!
  • Beautiful <3
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Amazing job babe!! So proud of you! Keep up all the hard work, you look amazing!
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Wow that's impressive!!! WTG!! Inspirational
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Wow! So proud of you, Dan! I started at 362 and have lost 118, so I know the hard work and dedication it's taken to get where you are today. Keep up the great work! You look amazing and I know you feel amazing!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Wow you look so different. On a different note, I like your eyebrows.
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Fantastic!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Gorgeous.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Great job!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    awesome accomplishment ....... keep on truckin' !
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    The alpha handsomeness, the aesthetic 5 o'clock shadow, the genetically blessed traps, the burly eyebrows; I hate you! ;)
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Thanks guys. You're fackin awesome! I used to just lurk in the shadows because I didn't want to bring attention to myself but actually commenting makes me realise that I had nothing to worry about. So many lovely, motivational and inspiring people!!
    The alpha handsomeness, the aesthetic 5 o'clock shadow, the genetically blessed traps, the burly eyebrows; I hate you! ;)

Hahahahaha!!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    wow - nice job sir! Keep it up!
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Wow you look so different. On a different note, I like your eyebrows.
    I know right!

Way to go, a great inspiration =) My SO is a bit large and also a gamer, so I'll pass the story along.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Congratulations!! I can't believe you're still obese as per BMI chart, you look pretty fit in your last pictures.

Good job!
  • Wow what a transformation! Great work!
  • treshunter
    treshunter Posts: 5 Member
    Great job. It's impressive that you know yourself well enough to know that your journey is about more than just losing weight. I read some of your blog just now and you have a talent for writing. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!