Ugh, I binged...

Options
Hi, seeing that it is thanksgiving, I am sure there are a lot of posts like this, but I went crazy!! I have not binged in so long and I completely lost it today... I am beating myself up about it. I went crazy the
Last two days and I am so worried that I gained back the weight I lost last week... 1/2 a pound. I am just so worried I can't and won't get back on track, I want to cry. I feel so bloated, please help!

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Not to sound stupid, but what kind of help do you want or expect? You ate too much. You feel bloated and gross. Don't think anybody can help you with that, as the eating too much is a done deal and the only help for the bloat might be an antiacid and water.....

As for gaining back back half a pound, it won't kill you, and you will lose it again quickly. Don't weigh yourself tomorrow, as you will retain water.

Eating too much on Thanksgiving is not a crisis, its a privilege. ....First world problems might kill me one day....... :s:\
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    There there. *taps back*.

Now move on.
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    today does not dictate tomorrow. time to build yourself a bridge and "get over it." get up, get rid of any leftovers that dont fit your plan, and get on with what has made you a success. You got this
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    I am not sure what I had expected maybe a little support, but it feel the negativity. You don't necessarily need to be so rude if it is causing someone anxiety.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I ate over 3,000 calories today.

Moving right along! I don't even care. Tomorrow is a new day. Get back on track, weigh yourself in a week. Lol.

Edited because Swype sucks.

Or if you're a daily weigher, do it same time every day right after you wake up wearing the same things (in my case, nothing), and track that in your food notes or on an app. I have a weight tracker app on my phone that i use, it shows the general trend over time.

Hope you feel better!
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    I ate over 3,000 calories today.

Moving right along! I don't even care. Tomorrow is a new day. Get back on track, with yourself in a week. Lol.

Or if you're a daily weigher, do it same time every day right after you wake up wearing the same things (in my case, nothing), and track that in your food notes or on an app. I have a weight tracker app on my phone that i use, it shows the general trend over time.

Hope you feel better!

Thank you!! Tomorrow is a new day and I am so ready for it!! ;)
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we binge because of a trigger. Try to remove that temptation. Remember that you have new habits now that will help you lose more weight than you gain. Don't be too hard on yourself. Appreciate how far you have come. If you were like me binge days used to be a norm but now exercise is the norm. Try planning a binge day next time. On such and such a day I will have x and y and get the craving out of my system. Many of us are worried of backsliding but if we have made exercise a priority we will not fall back into our old habits.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i consumed about 5500 calories today ..

OP it is one day out of 365 …I hope you enjoyed your day, logged it, and moved on ...
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've eaten about 700 calories over my maintenance for today and will still probably have another 300ish calories. It sorta sucks, but I knew it was coming before I started eating today. I had given myself permission and knew the consequences, fully aware that it wouldn't make me gain back the 73 lbs I've lost so far. I won't wake up tomorrow heavy and miserable again. And guess what, even if you ate enough to really make yourself gain that 1/2 lb back -- it's only a week's worth of work. If you get back on track you'll have lost it back in another week. And wasn't the food worth it? I sure hope it was. I know what I ate was worth it. We need to remember to, every so often, let ourselves go from the guilt and just enjoy it. We have our whole lives to live, and a day here and there of bingeing is not going to make much of a difference in the end.