Bootea Teatox 14-day cleanse

Options
Hi, I've just recently bought this product and I'm wondering if anybody has every tried it and if they can share their experience?

Thanks. :)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's basically laxatives. There really is no difference between 'detox tea' and laxative abuse.

I have tried, in my younger, sillier days, detox tea. Just don't make any plans that involve being more than 100m from a toilet. Or better yet - get your money back.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's basically laxatives. There really is no difference between 'detox tea' and laxative abuse.

I have tried, in my younger, sillier days, detox tea. Just don't make any plans that involve being more than 100m from a toilet. Or better yet - get your money back.

100m is a very generous distance. I'd suggest not leaving the bathroom.
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't open the packet. See if you can get a refund. You don't need laxatives to lose weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    the body is self-cleansing - and self-detoxing

I've no idea what's in this tea to cause such a laxative effect but stripping the gut of friendly bacteria - which comes alongside explosive diarrhea induced by laxatives - affects your immune system and makes you increasingly susceptible to viruses

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your body detoxes itself, its called pooping. Save your money!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't you ask first then buy?
  • Hanowenho
    Options
    If you read their website it's basically two teas, a herbal one and a laxative. If you wanna try this route then why not! I'd suggest buying green tea and a box of laxatives though, same difference but so much cheaper!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Hanowenho
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Hanowenho wrote: »
    If you read their website it's basically two teas, a herbal one and a laxative. If you wanna try this route then why not! I'd suggest buying green tea and a box of laxatives though, same difference but so much cheaper!

Reported for promoting unsafe dieting techniques, namely laxative use. Shame on you.
    How dare you! The bootea diet is clearly branded half laxative, it's not a form of diet it's clearly a detox. Nasty woman!
  • Hanowenho
    Options
    Detoxes are designed to cleanse the body before a diet; they're not designed for permanency. This is why herbal laxatives as so popular in helping you cleanse.
    I was just trying to give my advice, but clearly you're only here to belittle others. You must be one of those "key board warriors" that the BBC always warned me about.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are designed to cleanse the body before a diet; they're not designed for permanency. This is why herbal laxatives as so popular in helping you cleanse.
    I was just trying to give my advice, but clearly you're only here to belittle others. You must be one of those "key board warriors" that the BBC always warned me about.
    Cleanse what?
    If you mean violently empty your bowel then, yes.
    Detoxes are a scam. Your advice sucks.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Lol @ keyboard warriors.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Unless your liver and kidneys are broken, your body already cleanses and detoxes itself.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Clinical studies haven't shown that toxins are removed as a result of a cleanse. And if you severely restrict your calories, after two or three days your body starts breaking down its own cells and muscle.

"It is a claim that hasn't been proven," said Dr. Ian Yip, associate clinical professor at the UCLA School of Medicine. "And it can be harmful."
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Bootea(really?!?) Booty and laxatives; pretty dat gum funny!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

from this link
    Your kidneys and liver are primarily responsible for detoxfying most of the toxins you consume. In other words, your body (including the colon) already cleanses and detoxes itself. The benefits people report are likely a result of eliminating fats, sugars and processed foods from their diets, nothing else.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) considers such cleanses as supplements, so they don’t regulate production or distribution. In other words, because cleanses don’t have to meet the rigorous requirements that other prescription medications do, these companies can make unsubstantiated claims.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

oh hai there!

any chance of you coming back to let us all in on what toxins are being cleansed?

also, plz stahp giving advice. thnx.