Thanksgiving Day - How many Calories?

Options
Happy post Turkey day! I had a wonderful day and hope everyone else did, too.

For those who logged, how many calories did you eat?

I was at 4561. I overestimated when it doubt. I don't regret anything at all, though I will say that I think my dinner leftover meal was excessive-I could have had smaller portions of leftovers and the turkey didn't need to be turned into a big Kaiser roll sandwich. If I'd been more moderate that meal, I would have saved about 700 calories. Oh, and the apple pie at family dinner wasn't good enough to justify the calories, but the pumpkin pie...damn! The pumpkin pie was absolute heaven. :smile:

It was a good day, and a good reminder of why I need to count my calories and practice moderation. If I can eat 4561 on a feast day, then I need to eat well on non-feast days, lol.

So, how did your calories add up?

Replies

• elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    To be honest...not one calorie was counted yesterday....I estimate at at least 8k though
  • Guitarist4L1fe
    Guitarist4L1fe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I ate Turkey and Mashed Cauliflower and some cocktails all within my 1450 a day goal. But from what I can tell i had nowhere near the Fun you guys had! LOL.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    4100 calories for the day. Oh my. If I eat this way for the next 5 weeks I will weigh 146 pounds. What? That's 26 pounds. LOL
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I managed to stay under my goal of 1850 but just barely. Still enjoyed the holiday but only ate half of what I ordered and took the rest home. Pumpkin pie was yummy though so I am not going to feel guilty :)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    mine was about 3500 cals. I am not hung over surprisingly, I dont really drink that much, but I was offered some excellent Blackberry Wine, which was awesome.....I drank one and a half bottles of wine, starting at 2 in the afternoon and finished up about 10 pm.........I did carry over 1300 cals from the day before and planned for the overload........but again, one day isnt' going to wreck my overall plan..........now, I have to plan for the Christmas holidays........come up with some kind of strategy for sure........Happy Holidays
  • IIGuardian
    IIGuardian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • SarahStrominger
    SarahStrominger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had been DREADING the feast bc I always go off the deep end. I went to the gym in the am and added about 400 calories to my 1350 daily allowance so that helped. I did go over but not by much (maybe 1900 cals total?) I did indulge in pumpkin pie and sweet potatoe bake but I tried to go for the turkey and veggies too. Now that it is over. . I'm a little sad I didn't indulge a little more but I have been on a great kick lately and I didn't want to fall off the wagon.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Only 1.6K (I did awesome)! B)
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I ended the day consuming just over 1300 calories. Did some Pilates to make up the overage. :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Only 1.6K (I did awesome)! B)
    nice

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Did fantastic! 6500 calories and enjoyed every single one of them!
  • Cornishpirates
    Options
    the-meal-is-not-over-until-I-hate-myself-funny.jpg

WAY too many
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

(*)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    just under 3500, not too shabby. I expected to be much closer to 5k
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually count anything, but just eyeballing and going off the top of my head what I know servings of each thing I ate amount to, I'd say around 2,000. I had little half portions of everything so I could sample everything. I think most of those calories probably came from pie, though.

I eat like a bird, so 2000 is a ton for me.
  • dc1745
    dc1745 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I ate 2200 calories, which is within my calorie limit. So happy and felt much better last night than usual.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am hoping my estimates are really off. I came in at 891 calories for the whole day. So not the 1400 i was expecting just from dinner.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    2170 - 1 calorie to spare.
  • SianLouise185
    Options
    506 calories.. but then im in the UK and dont celebrate, but for those who did i hope you had a great day!
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options

<3 That's the stuff - champ!