Gluten free liquid enhancer

Options
Does anyone know of a good gluten free liquid enhancer? It is just for occasional use when I have some adult beverages to liven it up a bit.

I have to go gluten free, and for some reason, Im not able to get much info online for this one.

Thank you!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    beancybrat wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good gluten free liquid enhancer? It is just for occasional use when I have some adult beverages to liven it up a bit.

I have to go gluten free, and for some reason, Im not able to get much info online for this one.

Thank you!

Is there gluten in mio or crystal light? I guess what I'm asking which liquid enhancers have gluten?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm not really sure what you mean by 'liquid enhancer'. But, I assume if you're talking about adult beverages, you're talking about alcohol?

Hard cider, all wine, most distilled spirits (rum, vodka, gin whiskey), there are tons of gluten-free beers on the market now. This should be a really easy thing to do.

Here's a pretty comprehensive list: http://munchyy.com/gluten-free-alcohol-list/
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Like, a boner pill?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Teeny, tiny umbrellas?
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just gave my kids a bubble bath and right on the bottle it said Gluten free.... Never knew you had to have gluten free bubble bath...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP, you only need one thread to ask the same question, just to let you know. Creating multiple threads isn't going to get you answers faster and is actually against the guidelines.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Vodka. Preferably mixed with the fluid from some sort of fruit, and sipped through a cylindrical plastic tube.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Not sure what enhancers are. I thought you might mean thickeners, but it doesn't appear that way.

What are enhancers?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Like, a boner pill?

LOL
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just gave my kids a bubble bath and right on the bottle it said Gluten free.... Never knew you had to have gluten free bubble bath...

That's for people who get topical reactions to gluten. Not all celiacs do but it can be a big problem for some.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

That's for people who get topical reactions to gluten. Not all celiacs do but it can be a big problem for some.

Learn new stuff everyday I tell you.
  • beancybrat
    beancybrat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    OP, you only need one thread to ask the same question, just to let you know. Creating multiple threads isn't going to get you answers faster and is actually against the guidelines.

Not sure what OP means, but then again, Im fairly new.. and didnt realize it was against guidelines. Regardless , in the future I wont bother asking questions on here... very little help, and instead it looks like either pompous criticism or corny jokes.

Thank you to all others who tried to offer constructive help and advice
    :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I use enhancers since I started limiting soda. It makes water quite tasty! But I haven't seen any ingredients that I would interpret to mean "gluten." I know it can be sneaky, but I just looked at several flavors of Mio and Skinnygirl, and neither had anything suspicious. Is there a particular ingredient I should look for?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I use enhancers since I started limiting soda. It makes water quite tasty! But I haven't seen any ingredients that I would interpret to mean "gluten." I know it can be sneaky, but I just looked at several flavors of Mio and Skinnygirl, and neither had anything suspicious. Is there a particular ingredient I should look for?

OKAY so you are confirming for everyone that enhancer = flavour thingies?
  • beancybrat
    Options

The "caramel coloring" is what may contain the gluten?
  • beancybrat
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Not sure what OP means, but then again, Im fairly new.. and didnt realize it was against guidelines. Regardless , in the future I wont bother asking questions on here... very little help, and instead it looks like either pompous criticism or corny jokes.

You still didn't even bother to answer the important question, what is an enhancer ?

Liquid enhancer... enhances the taste of liquid... I know... a real brain teaser huh?

*insert sarcasm here*
  • PikaKnight
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

You still didn't even bother to answer the important question, what is an enhancer ?

Liquid enhancer... enhances the taste of liquid... I know... a real brain teaser huh?

*insert sarcasm here*

Except no one had any clue whether you meant things like Mio or if there was some alcohol related thing you were referring to since mixing vodka and crystal light (or whatever) isn't really common practice (referring to you specifically asking about this in regards to "adult beverages").

So exxxxcccccuse the rest of us for asking for clarification. SorryNotSorry [/sarcasm]

• PikaKnight
    Options

The "caramel coloring" is what may contain the gluten?

I'm assuming you have Celiacs? Have you tested the product to see if you have a reaction to it? Have you tried contacting the company or clarifying with your doctor if they know?