Chia seeds (need help plz)

Options
Hi all! I am a lacto ovo vegetarian and new to chia seeds! I tried to make a pudding yesterday but it was watery.. What do i really need to do? How can i make it?? Anyone have easy healthy recipes? Thanks sooo much!

u1eas8edjywg.jpg

uk6593vgayeu.jpg

ete7mmprr849.jpg

Replies

• moremuffins
    moremuffins Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How long did you let it set? It can take several hours. Best to make it then leave it in the fridge overnight. Also take a look at your seed to liquid ratio. You need 2-3 tbsp of chia seeds per cup of liquid.
  • simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My favorite recipe: 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, 1/2 cup almond milk. But you need to let it sit (in the fridge) for hours, preferably overnight. Some of it will clump, so before you eat you have to kind of mix it up a bit. I heat it in the microwave and add a shake or two of nutmeg before eating it.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I don't make pudding but I do use them in baked goods and things like crepe batter. I've noticed that if I let my batter sit overnight, it's significantly more "pudding like" than it was the day before.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I let it set over night!! But i only put 1 tsp of seeds and about 3/4 cups of almond milk and half banana.. I followed a recipe. so now i took it out stir it but nothing happen :( so im drinking it like this.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    maybe i put less chia and more water thats why it didnt work? and do i stir it? do i boil it first or do anything?
  • moremuffins
    moremuffins Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You definitely need more seeds. I would say minimum 2 tbsp of seeds to a cup of liquid. You should stir it a few times over the course of the first 20 minutes to help evenly distribute the seeds and keep them from all clumping at the bottom. Then stir again after it sets.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    My favorite recipe: 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, 1/2 cup almond milk. But you need to let it sit (in the fridge) for hours, preferably overnight. Some of it will clump, so before you eat you have to kind of mix it up a bit. I heat it in the microwave and add a shake or two of nutmeg before eating it.

Thanks i will try this!!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    I don't make pudding but I do use them in baked goods and things like crepe batter. I've noticed that if I let my batter sit overnight, it's significantly more "pudding like" than it was the day before.

Oh wow what kind of goodies you make and how you make the crepe??
  • sharitapita
    sharitapita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds are great in smoothies too, or mixed into yogurt. I also bake them in muffins.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    i have to learn how to make them :( i tried but they became watery.. i will try again.. how do u put them in muffins?? i read they can be egg replacement how?
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It takes a couple of hours in the fridge for the seeds to swell and make pudding, however it doesn't look like you've added enough seeds for the volume of liquid you added. (Or too much liquid)

Chia seeds are good if you grind them up and add them to oatmeal, they also work well when sprinkled on top slices of fruit with nut butter on it. (I like almond or cashew butter the best with them.)
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    how much milk and how much seeds is good to add for the pudding?
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    It takes a couple of hours in the fridge for the seeds to swell and make pudding, however it doesn't look like you've added enough seeds for the volume of liquid you added. (Or too much liquid)

Chia seeds are good if you grind them up and add them to oatmeal, they also work well when sprinkled on top slices of fruit with nut butter on it. (I like almond or cashew butter the best with them.)

Thanks for the ideas!!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options

I use almond milk, so I'm not sure if the liquid ratio will be exactly the same with normal milk but I've found about 1/4 cup of chia seeds to 1 cup of milk seems to work.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe:
    1 cup almond milk
    2 tablespoons chia seeds
    1 teaspoon cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    packet of monk fruit sweetener.
    After dinner, I just dump everything in a 2 cup glass pyrex with lid (your jar is fine). Shake it while shaking my booty for about 30 seconds. Come back within the hour and shake it again. Shake again before bed. In the morning it's perfect, or if I don't get around to eating it then, good for at least 2 days. It may be that if you are not shaking your booty in the process, it nullifies the magic.
  • babybellyfat
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »

I use almond milk, so I'm not sure if the liquid ratio will be exactly the same with normal milk but I've found about 1/4 cup of chia seeds to 1 cup of milk seems to work.

I also use almond milk. or coconut milk!! I dont like normal milk.. I will try it thanks!!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    suuta wrote: »

Oh i didnt think of going to the site thanks!!