What kinds of 'unusual' fitness do you do?

124»

Replies

• lothquendi
    lothquendi Posts: 22 Member
    I use my wii, play some wii fit u and just dance 4. I don't always log it because I'm not sure about how accurate it is, but it is a lot of fun, and it keeps me moving!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Rebounding (mini trampoline) is fun. Step aerobics is still around, I use DVDs though, can't imagine just stepping up and down on a step stool wouldn't get old really quick.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Benjinkan wrote: »
    Archery, ninjitsu and bouldering B)

I have an old, English style longbow that pulls approx. 95lbs @ 28"
    No one arm rows required :)

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,079 Member
    Ruzuki wrote: »
    I'm wondering what sorts of non-traditional exercise and fitness people are doing. Walking and jogging and crunches get boring, so I want to try to get ideas.

One of my non-traditional fitness routines is dancing to Japanese pop videos. Trying to copy the dances in the videos basically. Its pretty fun, I have a youtube playlist that is an hour long and I dance the whole time. :)

I think that many people who are successful at maintaining an active lifestyle, over time, participate in a sport or learn and practice a physical skill that they enjoy. So, although these things are not "unusual", you might want to consider taking up one of these, or joining a club or class:
    Tennis
    Squash
    Rowing Club
    Karate or other marital art
    Soccer
    Rugby
    Hockey
    Horseback riding
    Golf
    Cross country skiing
    Snow Shoeing
    Swim club or water polo
    Basketball
    Volleyball

Joining a club, or taking some lessons in a sport, opens new doors, gets you active, and it's a great way of making new friends, too.

Made me laugh.

Lots of great ideas on this thread. I like variety. I walk (often for errands I used to take my car for, or boarding public transportation at a further stop), dance in my living room, lift, do ballet and other dance classes, yoga classes, yoga and Pilates at home, take the stairs, bike (mostly on vacation), rake leaves, shovel snow, in the past I've tried Zumba, Body Pump, Body Attack, kayaking...None of these are terribly unusual, but I've always got my eyes open for something new. Maybe I should get back into ice skating this winter; I haven't done that for a few years.