Did anyone else go over their calories.....a lot????

Options
2»

Replies

• d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, I went WAY over, but I figure Thanksgiving is once a year, so I ate whatever I wanted. I'm on the "maintaining" plan now, so I'm not as strict. Two weeks after reaching my goal weight, I had lost two-tenths of a pound more, so I don't feel bad if I go a smidge over my daily goal sometimes. The other day I exercised and ended up 500 calories under my daily goal.

I still enter everything, though. It keeps me honest. When I do go over, I tell myself that tomorrow, I get to start over!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I didn't! I did very well, and I know my potions well.

I even only ate 1/2 a piece of the yummiest pie ever. I was allowed 1,600 today (from exercise, normally I eat 1,200) and have only eaten 1,110.... I am really thinking I will eat the piece of pie for 400....
  • singcoz528
    Options
    I let myself have a cheat day once a month. Today was this months. Christmas is next months lol. :drinker:
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Raincloud, congrats on the 66!! Awesome!!
    :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Raincloud, congrats on the 66!! Awesome!!
    :flowerforyou: :happy:

Thanks! :happy:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i didnt....because literally it scares me to go over my calories
    but if my mind would have let me
    i would have LOOOOVED to!
    but who cares just get right back on tomorrow!

xoxo
    great job !!!!:flowerforyou: you look great !!!!!

thanks!!!
    i was thinking the same about you!
    you look amazing~
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I think I was over my calorie intake at breakfast this morning just thinking about lunch and supper. :laugh: Don't feel bad. Its just one day. :flowerforyou:
  • MidgetOnAMission
    Options
    It was a good day considering all the very yummy food. I ate 1/3 the amount that I usually eat at ThanksGiving lunch and really watched it. I didn't feel over stuffed or extra tired this year. That felt good. Before lunch I burned 320 calories and after lunch I took my 3 year old daughter for a walk. That helped but still went over by 1,400. I was surprised because I did try but there was a couple foods that did me in... the puppy chow and pumpkin pie. I'm up 3 lbs. in my weight-arrrrr again because I "fed a cold" and then today. I'll be serious this next week (starting tomorrow) with the system. No way do I want to give it up now. I still feel very motivated to fight for it. My husband started his own system to loose weight so that helps to have someone else in the house doing it. Great job to you!!! Way to stay on it and under the calories. Sleep well.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i didnt....because literally it scares me to go over my calories
    but if my mind would have let me
    i would have LOOOOVED to!
    but who cares just get right back on tomorrow!

xoxo
    great job !!!!:flowerforyou: you look great !!!!!

thanks!!!
    i was thinking the same about you!
    you look amazing~
    :blushing: thank you
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I had 4 pieces of pie today :laugh: so yeah...I went over :tongue:
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I went over by at least 200 calories... but I only had one plate (an accomplishment for me) :glasses:

I don't feel bad, I feel like everything I am doing now is an improvement from before I started this plan :smile:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    um yes, i went over.

I've been over consistently for like, 4 days. BUT its okay. I went out of town with my dad and to a SAINTS game, then here comes thanksgiving! haha

I'm not too concerned. my mom's trainer told me that i'd be surprised at how little I've probably gained and how easily it comes back off, so I'm not concerned.

CONGRATS to all of you who didn't go over!!! Intense will power right there!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I pretty much ate my weight in pie. It's going to be tough to get back on today.

I really need to though, or I will wake up the first week of January 15 pounds heavier wondering feeling miserable.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    um yes, i went over.

I've been over consistently for like, 4 days. BUT its okay. I went out of town with my dad and to a SAINTS game, then here comes thanksgiving! haha

I'm not too concerned. my mom's trainer told me that i'd be surprised at how little I've probably gained and how easily it comes back off, so I'm not concerned.

CONGRATS to all of you who didn't go over!!! Intense will power right there!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Carol, looks like you took your Av name to heart:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I ate and tried not to think about it too much. My fear was for today, not yesterday.

In the past when I allowed certain foods into my life, I went on a roller coaster ride.

Today I had eggs, tomatoes, 3 strips of bacon and 1 slice dry rye
    carrots
    2 oz turkey breast on 2 slices of litestyle oatmeal bread and a tspn of homemade cranberry sauce.

THANKS for helping me to be accountable. That stuffing is going in the garbage!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yea...I plugged in everything I could remember and it was about 2200 calories, but I'm assuming it could've been between 2200-2500. My maintenance was probably about 1500 because all I did was sit and eat! But today I feel fine, drank a ton of water, and worked out HARD for 75 minutes because my spinning instructor decided to punish those of us who overindulged yesterday. :laugh: As one of my PT friends said, 'It's all fuel for some great workouts."
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have. I didn't really count.

But honestly, enjoying myself on holidays here and there and not worrying is part of what has allowed me to do this and be so successful over the last year. I started on September 6, 2007 and I got through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Super Bowl Sunday, etc...and kept on losing. But, understanding that I could have a day here and there to relax was HUGE for me and is something I never did before when trying to lose weight. Now, I feel SO great! Like I CAN do this the rest of my life.

I haven't felt deprived because I have had plenty of fun days and treats. I just make sure not to make them an every day thing. And, I don't go completely overboard. I have my plate....and maybe a couple of bites here and there........and watch it the rest of the day. And I try to focus on the things I REALLY like....and not waste calories on stuff that is only "OK" to me! LOL!

My loss this week might not be exactly what I had hoped but it's great to have a break every once in awhile. And I have learned about portion control so much better that I have the confidence I am OK!!! :wink:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I agree..... I don't mind splurging a little over the holidays.. so long as i don't go overboard and throw in the towel..I've come this far... no giving up now!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    482294bf1379a1ec90394b3d2f3d9736.jpg