depressed

Options
does anyone else get deppressed becasue they weigh a lot? i am having lots of bad thought because i just cant lose weight

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Your best tool here is education, and that through a doctor's office. Bad thoughts aren't healthy and are one way we tell ourselves that we need help. Your doctor may have the information and support you need. If you are concerned enough to post, then keep being the smart woman and call your doctor's office or a help line right away.
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Don't worry, it's like if only I could just cut these fats off. At the situation I'm in , gym isn't a thing or excersize I can do.
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I sure can get depressed about it. But if it were not the fat, I could name a dozen other reasons to be depressed. The fat is at minimum a diversion from the other reasons. Good lluck
  • Haythen
    Options
    Doesn't matter what your weight is, every day that you eat healthy and exercise your body releases feel good hormones and you feel great. Don't worry about how you look, rather focus on how you feel. The way you feel will then start changing the way you look.
  • UticaBoy86
    Options
    I have trouble losing weight too but excercise helps my mood quite a bit. Try to find something that you love to do. Be strong, you are not alone.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    There is tons of information on this site showing you how its done, just have the patience to read, learn and plan properly. Its just a case of taking babysteps and then taking it one day at a time. Once you get started then you cna build up a good momentum to keep you going. If you look at it as one massive thing, then it enccourages doubting, so make it more manageable with baby steps, have patience and apply yourself.

As people will say its just a case of eatting less and moving more so you are at a deficit.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    mkcmurphy wrote: »
    Your best tool here is education, and that through a doctor's office. Bad thoughts aren't healthy and are one way we tell ourselves that we need help. Your doctor may have the information and support you need. If you are concerned enough to post, then keep being the smart woman and call your doctor's office or a help line right away.

^ This. Do talk to a professional, just in case there is some overlap between depression and problems with food (that many of us have!!) that could be treatable for you!
  • quakegirlobrien1
    Options
    i do have bulima but only just diagonised not sure how to handle it
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    i am having lots of bad thought because i just cant lose weight

Yes you can.

Start small with just doing some walking. The main key to weight loss is adjusting what you eat and drink. Phase any soda and excess carbs to start. You can do anything you set your mind to.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    does anyone else get deppressed becasue they weigh a lot? i am having lots of bad thought because i just cant lose weight

Your worth as a human being has nothing to do with your body fat percentage. No-one's does, unless their sole worth as a human is being tied up with being aesthetically pleasing to the largest proportion of people possible.

If you're feeling badly about yourself, yes, get some help.

But losing weight is not a moral imperative, and your goodness as a human is not about how small your pants are.