does anyone have VITAMIX 750 blender?

Options
im looking into buying one.. I wanted to know if they are good and what can i make with them? I have been told u can make soup etc.. Is it worth buying one?

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Why that model? Most if not all Vitamix models can soup. I'm considering a refurbished model for $299. It's the 2nd from the bottom line model. Best deal I've found is from their site.
  • Pebbles5280
    Pebbles5280 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't recall the model but Costco has the VitaMix in their stores now for $499. I also checked Amazon and it's less ($459) if you're a Prime member. You should also check QVC and take advantage of their payment plan if budget is an issue.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    my aunt has one and uses it every day. my uncle has a stomach issue and can't eat too many solids, so she can mix his veggies/spinach, etc. into a shake or soup. she loves it!

**ETA she bought it at costco, but not sure how much she paid. she has the highest level one, the most expensive.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We have the blendtech..used it for a month..now it's collecting dust...
    It wasn't my idea to purchase it and I found the "whole" juice tasted gross..flavourless

I will stick with my old traditional juicer
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I think mine is the 500. I'm not sure what the differences are between that and the 750.

I love it. I use it daily for smoothies. I made soup once. It was pretty good. I keep meaning to do it again, but haven't gotten around to it.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    i just got my vitamix 750 pro!! and i love it :)) i need recipes! I want to make squash soup.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Didn't it come with recipes?
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    It does. When you buy a new or refurbished one, it comes with a booklet of recipes. Might not have the one she wants though
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    i got vitamix750 and it came with a recipe book! It has a heating button for soups as well :)
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    it came with a squash soup recipe in the book but it was soso!
  • Jenni_MFP
    Jenni_MFP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I made soup in my vitamix once, I didn't think it was very good. It was hot, but not "cooked" because the heat comes from friction. The next day, I cooked the leftovers on the stove afterwards and it was really tasty. So for soup, I think using the vitamix as a blender works better than using it to actually cook soup.

Love it for smoothies though! I throw a lot of veggies in my smoothies now (spinach, kale, carrots) and its a great way to sneak in veggies if you have a hard time eating them.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Jenni_MFP wrote: »
    I made soup in my vitamix once, I didn't think it was very good. It was hot, but not "cooked" because the heat comes from friction. The next day, I cooked the leftovers on the stove afterwards and it was really tasty. So for soup, I think using the vitamix as a blender works better than using it to actually cook soup.

Love it for smoothies though! I throw a lot of veggies in my smoothies now (spinach, kale, carrots) and its a great way to sneak in veggies if you have a hard time eating them.

Ya i really like making smoothies too! That soups are soso you are right!
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    I just ordered a refurbished Vitamix for $249.00 pls shipping tax. Ended up being about $260. This is the best deal I have found
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1411692/
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,011 Member
    Options
    It's worth it if your going to get the use out of it.......large quantities on a regular basis, otherwise you can spend a fraction and get years of decent usage from less expensive models. I have one and a blendtec but I'm also in a business where I use them constantly.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I decided for the Blendtec and not Vitamix purely for the reason that the Blendtec fits under my counter, while the Vitamix is higher. Otherwise they are pretty much the same. It was one of the best investments I made this year and I use it more than once every day.

Besides the usual smoothies, I make my own hummus, garlic butter, soup, face creams...

It is a very powerful machine and the smoothies come out much creamier than with any of my other blenders. I absolutely love it!
    Stef.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Stef, that was a factor in my decision to get the Blendtec, too. I see now they make a Vitamix that fits under the counter.

I sometimes wish the Blendtec had the tamper thing the Vitamix has. But I also kind of like that I can hit a pre-programmed button (usually 'smoothie') and walk away and it runs through its paces and then shuts off. The Vitamix didn't have programmed operations when I bought.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    I just got refurbished one so I'm excited to try it out soon. Hoping it pulverized the seeds in the blackberries etc
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Get a nutrininja !
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    The Blendtec Signature series package with twister jar is the right model comparison to the vitamix 750. The twister jar is for the thicker recipes. I bought the blendtec for myself for christmas, after much research it was the better option for me. And I found one new in the box locally on craigslist for $300.

I love it! Using it a ton for smoothies, am finally getting veggies into me. Made my first try at "ice cream" in the twister jar last night using nothing but a frozen banana and a few frozen strawberries. Easy peasy and so easy to clean.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    QVC was running an extended commercial for Vitamixes. I already have one but it was cool to see the stuff the were making with it on the show