Start 30 day shred tomorrow (5/2)

Options

Replies

• daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did my first 30DS and am suprised at how fast the 20 mins went by! Thats great b/c then I dont dread the time doing it! My calves are tight, but my arms are ok. I used really light weights so think I will bump that up. Im going to go buy a tape measure in a few minutes here.

People that dont want to give measurements--that is totally fine! As long as you see results that is all that mattered. I just personally need to feel accountable to people to make me actually go through with it!
  • kat_b
    kat_b Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am totally in. I love 30 ds and need to get at it again. I fell off the wagon the last few months and gained 10 lbs....ughhhhhhh
  • Meekah44
    Meekah44 Posts: 34
    Options
    I ordered both of those 30DS and 6 weeks 6 pack from Amazon! Should be here int he next day or two, then I will start!
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I did the 30 day shred a while ago and saw some great results. Been off work for 11 days eating everything and doing no exercise, so I think a 30 day shred challenge is just what I need to get back on track. I will start tomorrow, when I am back in work and back into a routine!!

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • saraco
    saraco Posts: 7
    Options
    I have just started this today. I am planning on bloging about it.
    I am going to do it every morning before work and then go to the gym in the evenings. Hopefully i won't be to knacked!
    I am getting married on June 18th so really want to see some results by my next dress fitting on 28th May!!!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start tomorrow - if anyone wants to keep tabs with me, friend me :) Good luck to all!!
  • Celeste79
    Celeste79 Posts: 21
    Options
    Saraco - you will love the results from 30 DS. I did this 2 years ago right before my wedding; and thank heavens I did! It made the difference in the course of 2 weeks from my wedding dress being 3 inches away from zipping up all the way to being zipped completely.
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Saraco - you will love the results from 30 DS. I did this 2 years ago right before my wedding; and thank heavens I did! It made the difference in the course of 2 weeks from my wedding dress being 3 inches away from zipping up all the way to being zipped completely.

I hope you're right! I got married 6 years and 2 children ago and my goal is to be able to fit back into my wedding dress! I am about 4 inches away...
  • daniellescsu
    Options
    Ok my measurements:

31.0 on 05/02/11
    Hips 37.0 on 05/02/11
    Thighs 24.0 on 05/02/11
    biceps 13.0 on 05/02/11
    bust 38.5 on 05/02/11
    lower waist-bellybutton 37.0 on 05/02/11

My calves are soooooooo sore! I think it is from the "jump rope" Cant wait to see results! I will measure again on Monday!!!
  • frats
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 done. I might not be able to lift my arms tomorrow, but I managed to get 10 full push ups with my strength training!
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

I've been doing 30DS these past 8 days, and have lost a pound.
  • Jenny421
    Jenny421 Posts: 16
    Options
    Started yesterday! I tried this about 2 months ago and gave up after a few days. I am going to Mexico in 34 days to get married, and need to lose a few more pounds before I leave...hopefully I see some improvement. I am also walking everywhere to try and burn extra calories...I will post my measurements once I get a measuring tape. Good Luck Ladies!
  • daniellescsu
    Options
    Did it S/M/T but my calves are KILLING me so I think I might take tomorrow off and just walk. I cant do the full thing either...I need take some small cheat breaks! I wont move to level 2 until I can fully do level 1 tho....with real pushups!
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    Hi all. I started 30DS on Monday and was posting on another thread but it seems most of the participants didn't actually start like they said they would so if it is ok I might jump onto this thread.

My starting stats;

Height - 163cm (5'4")
    Weight - 55.7kg (122.5lbs)
    Right arm - 28cm (11.2 inches)
    Left arm - 28cm (11.2 inches)
    Chest - 87.5cm (35 inches)
    Waist - 70.5cm (28.2 inches)
    Hips - 97cm (38.8 inches)
    Right thigh - 55cm (22.0 inches)
    Left thigh - 55cm (22.0 inches)

Day 1 I burnt 196 calories and day 2 I burnt 231. I'm hoping to fit in at least 20-30 minutes of extra cardio or walking most days.
  • frats
    Options
    I just realized that my last post should have read "Level 1 day 2"...oops! Is there a way to edit already posted posts?

Today I finished Level 1 Day 3 and I managed to do 13 pushups before switching to modified! my knees are starting to hurt which is bugging me. I don't know if I should take a day off or just push through it. Also I wish there were a couple of workout choices for each level. I am starting to get bored by same routine and it is only day 3! I might have to try it without the talking tomorrow just to mix it up a bit!

For people who have done it before, is level 2 a lot harder than level one? I am nowhere ready to switch, just wondering what to look forward to in the next couple of weeks!
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    L1 day 3 done, that was the hardest so far, thought my calves were going to explode and my shins snap in half, which is nice. can only assume it's doing me good LOL
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    I would like to join if that's ok. I actually started Sunday so I will be doing Level 1 Day 4 today. Here's my measurement's

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 249
    waist: 48
    hips: 52
    thigh: 29
    arm: 16.5
    bust: 45
  • Celeste79
    Celeste79 Posts: 21
    Options
    Frats - for me, Level 2 was THE hardest level. Harder even than Level 3. If you're getting bored; just try to step up your game a bit for the remainder of the 10 days at that level. Either follow the advanced moves more closely, or use a higher weight to challenge yourself. Remember, it's **only** 10 days for each level and I think discipline is the key here.

Danielle - Time to do some cardio! Sounds like your muscles are tightening up and I've found one of the best ways, besides drinking a load of water, is to do some cardio to get the muscles loosened up. Go ahead and try to do your 30 DS work-out; I have a feeling the next day or two you will start to see some real improvements in both healing and endurance.

Now, I need to take siphon of my own advice spouting medicine and get in the game. I slacked off and have yet to start 30 DS (all before mentioned advice is based off my previous 30 DS experience) with the reasoning being that I was smoked after returning home from spin class on Monday. The instructor did a lot of sprints and really pushed me - I'm use to doing more jumps and the long sprints are exhausting personally. Last night I simply misbehaved. Too stoked about finally being nominated Employee of the Month and instead of popping in the DVD and getting my sweat on, I toasted my work ethic with a few mixed drinks at home. It was a great honor and one I had been working towards for 4.5 years!
  • Meekah44
    Meekah44 Posts: 34
    Options
    I did Level 1, Day 1 last night.

So excited for tonight! I felt great this morning!!!
  • frats
    Options
    Level 1 day four done! My knees are feeling better and I squeezed out 14 pushups! I am HATING the side lunges with arm raises in the third round of strength training. They are NOT getting any easier!

Celeste, I am not bored because it is easy; I'm nowhere near ready to step it up! I just wish there was a bit of variety.

I'm trying not to get siscouraged that I've gained weight since starting. It must be all the muscle mass I've gained using the 5 lb weights!:laugh: