Recommendations for ....

Options
Anyone have recommendations for a heart rate monitor? Never have purchased one and would like to get some advice before I spend money on one! :) Thanks a bunch :heart:

Replies

• carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am interested in hearing this as well. I am now ready to purchase and don't want to get one of those cheap Walmart ones and be disappointed.

I have read that a lot of folks like the Polar. Is there a specific model that you like?
  • Meekah44
    Meekah44 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have nooooo idea what that even is. So...i must live under a rock
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    You really want a chest strap. My so has one I got at Big 5 for $30, it's a Timex with a chest strap, it seems to work well and is easy to use.

Mine is a Garmin 405, I love it for running, but it's terrible and inaccurate on calorie burn, unless you are running. Indoors it doesn't work for calories at all.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    "Duplicate" Sorry.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4 with a chest strap. Purchased for $90 at ****s' sporting good.
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 with the chest strap as well. Its worth it.
  • mmcgille
    mmcgille Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Whatever you do, definitely get one with a chest strap!
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    I ont have one but i heard both Polar & Garmin are very good brands
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Excellent - I am thinking about the FT4 or FT7 as I have seen good reviews here for both.

Thanks!
  • ibelieveinlove7
    ibelieveinlove7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've also been looking for a heart rate monitor. But, how big of a pain is the chest strap? I've been looking at Polars because they will read your treadmill at the gym too.

Can someone describe the strap a little bit more to me? Thanks!
  • lilbitz16
    lilbitz16 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice! :)
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Why do you guys get them..can someone explain how they help you? Sorry if this question has been answered a zillion times before!