Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    2169 - 7 calories to spare. :D
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    klbrowser wrote: »
    About the normal amount for the day, just under 1500 calories even though I did not exercise. I had turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. No dessert, gravy, sauces, or anything containing sugar. I was the only one at the table who wasn't complaining of feeling excessively full. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I have to undo the progress I've made so far. I was just happy I didn't have to cook. :)

Yup that's what happened I ate over 6000 calories of everything yesterday, especially the stuff that had sugar and this morning I gained back all 119 lbs I've lost cause that's how it works.

You know, we get that you seem really proud that you gorged yourself as you've repeated it multiple times, but there really is no need to be snarky to those that didn't. We all choose to handle holidays differently. Just because someone didn't choose to overeat does not mean they need your insults thrown at them. Some didn't overeat, some did slightly, and some went to town. If you enjoyed yourself, fine. It sounds like others did too, so no need for your nasty rhetoric. Good grief.

I gorged myself??? Really?? Just because my calories were higher it's gluttony?

Also when did I insult someone? Which is kind of ironic as that is what you are attempting to do to me. Again nasty rhetoric that's right your post here was just filled with warm fuzzies.

So stop trying to be the white knight

Ummmm, saying you gorged yourself isn't really an insult. It's fact. If you ate 6000 calories like you repeatedly said you did, then that is gluttonous, yes. If I had eaten that much, I would have called it gluttonous. Again, not an insult, just fact. You seem proud of it anyway, so own it. And you know darn well you were insulting several people here. You can deny it, but it's right here in the threads. Not trying to be a white night. Just sick of people like you judging others and being nasty to them just because they made different choices on how to handle the holiday than you did. Anyway, I'm done here. Have a nice day.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Ummmm, saying you gorged yourself isn't really an insult. It's fact. If you ate 6000 calories like you repeatedly said you did, then that is gluttonous, yes. If I had eaten that much, I would have called it gluttonous. Again, not an insult, just fact. You seem proud of it anyway, so own it. And you know darn well you were insulting several people here. You can deny it, but it's right here in the threads. Not trying to be a white night. Just sick of people like you judging others and being nasty to them just because they made different choices on how to handle the holiday than you did. Anyway, I'm done here. Have a nice day.

How is her stating that she ate a nice Thanksgiving meal without giving up "real" foods insulting people?
    People like her? You mean people that have lost 119 pounds? Obviously we can all take a page out of her book.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    About the normal amount for the day, just under 1500 calories even though I did not exercise. I had turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. No dessert, gravy, sauces, or anything containing sugar. I was the only one at the table who wasn't complaining of feeling excessively full. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I have to undo the progress I've made so far. I was just happy I didn't have to cook. :)

Yup that's what happened I ate over 6000 calories of everything yesterday, especially the stuff that had sugar and this morning I gained back all 119 lbs I've lost cause that's how it works.

You know, we get that you seem really proud that you gorged yourself as you've repeated it multiple times, but there really is no need to be snarky to those that didn't. We all choose to handle holidays differently. Just because someone didn't choose to overeat does not mean they need your insults thrown at them. Some didn't overeat, some did slightly, and some went to town. If you enjoyed yourself, fine. It sounds like others did too, so no need for your nasty rhetoric. Good grief.

Also when did I insult someone? Which is kind of ironic as that is what you are attempting to do to me. Again nasty rhetoric that's right your post here was just filled with warm fuzzies.

Bye_bye_bye.gif
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    ~2000-2200 is my guess. Significantly more than what I usually eat but not nearly as much as I wanted because our oven stopped working lol. There were a lot of things that we had to do without because of that.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

In for the other 6 sins
    giphy.gif
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Yes I am very proud of myself that I understand having a few days that I totally indulge won't impact or reverse all the progress I've made. Please show where I insulted someone, I may have questioned what they said, but did I come out and say they were gluttonous or nasty? Nope that would have been you so pot meet kettle
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ITT.......we are all gluttonous!!!!!

Party time?

in….for glutton …or is that bad too???
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm from England so about 1800, Christmas will be my first real test but I won't gorge too much, it's just not worth it. That being said I know I'll eat more than usual, probably around 2500.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Not really sure. I had ham, stuffing, macaroni salad, & a whole pint of Talenti Pumpkin Pie.

Yesterday had 14 white fudge Oreos & a whole Little Caesar's pizza.
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WildOkapi wrote: »
    Not so sad. I find it's easier to stay on track if I don't stuff myself on special occasions. Plus the turkey was really delicious.
    Agreed! I don't understand why people 'pity' those who decide to stay within their calorie goals - I thought that was the whole point of weight-loss: To make a lifestyle change and stick to it. I find it easier to go over my calorie goal by a couple hundred calories once in a while rather than gorge 2000+ extra calories on a single day. The thought alone makes me cringe.

No the sad part is the .. I didn't eat any sugar items, bringing your own fake butter, fat free gravy, etc. instead of knowing that no food has to be off limits unless you have a medical condition, and not having every decision you make revolve around your weight or calories.

I ate over 6500 calories, and could have easily eaten more than that, because there was all real butter used, sugar, lard in my pie crusts, no fat free anything. Oh and lots to drink.

• klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I actually DO have medical conditions and must manage celiac disease, diabetes, and paralysis of the stomach muscles while trying to lose weight. The past year, no matter what I did, I kept gaining. It wasn't until this month when I stopped eating all added sugar and things like butter that I finally started to get rid of a few pounds. Perhaps next year, a little cranberry sauce or crustless pumpkin pie won't cause any problems. But right now I'm fighting an uphill battle and splurging just isn't worth it. One thing I've noticed with some people who are trying to lose weight is something I call "vacation brain", where they say they'll re-start their diet after vacation or the holidays are over. Fine if you actually go back to your diet, but some get discouraged or feel guilty and put off returning to the healthy changes they had made. I have certain relatives who are perpetually on vacation or celebrating someone's birthday or whatever, promising they'll go back to their diet tomorrow but never quite getting motivated to do it. Those are the same relatives that harangue me with comments like "oh, a bowl of ice cream won't kill you". True, but I think the real reason they want me to overeat is so that their own lack of willpower will be less obvious.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    You sound really motivated to stick with the changes you've put in place! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • macphile
    macphile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I logged 2314 for the day. I did no exercise while also making myself all stiff doing a puzzle, so I felt pretty awful. I felt like my major sin of the day was the eggs and sausages when I got up, not the later meal.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My second Thanksgiving celebration was on Saturday - had about 2200 cals in the meal itself plus participating in the family "Pumpkin Throwdown". So between two Thanksgivings I was close to 4,000 cals - I feel that is respectable even though I had to divide it up... been battling a head cold so I didn't eat/drink nearly as much as I thought I would!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    According to my log...zero calories. According to real life...if I had to guess, roughly 398,567 calories.
  • parrillr
    parrillr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Probably about 2300/2400 ish! Woops! At least I ran 7 miles that morning right?
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    around 2700, which is 1,100 over my maintenance according to MFP. but i did do a run that burned about 325 cals.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Snarky!!! Lol. I always find it hilarious when someone uses that word. Sounds like we're a group of seniors.
    I just saw this... I hate this word so hard. What are we, 8 year olds using made up words taught to us by Count 1-2-3?