Weekly net goal?

Options
Hi,
I noticed something on MFP app and was confused. I am currently 208 lbs at 5'4 (started at 256). I currently have my goal set to 1.5 lbs a week. My calorie goal is 1350 but I usually net around 1100-1300. I looked under my weekly under the nuturtion and it says I am 1939 net calories under weekly goal. Shouldnt it be more like 5200 for 1.5 lb per week?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No, that caloric deficit is included in said goal. If you're eating 250 under what is recommended to lose said 1.5 pounds, x 7 its an additional 1750 under net.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The under goal net calories is what you've eaten under or over your existing target eg the 750 a day is accounted for
  • abrown286
    Options
    Thank that makes much more sence. So technically the net calories under goal should be zero? or closer to zero?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    abrown286 wrote: »
    Thank that makes much more sence. So technically the net calories under goal should be zero? or closer to zero?

Yes, If its 0, you're still going to lose that 1.5 a week. Of course you need to remember there will be normal fluctuations in there, but close to.
  • abrown286
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    abrown286 wrote: »

Yes, If its 0, you're still going to lose that 1.5 a week. Of course you need to remember there will be normal fluctuations in there, but close to.

Thank you for that explaination! I understand it much better now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Abrown I'm glad you understand, cos I don't lol I check my weekly calorie deficit every week hoping to have a deficit of over 3500 calories. Most weeks I do. This is how I've been tracking it. Obviously I've been doing it wrong this whole time :s
  • magsxx
    magsxx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Where is the weekly thing at?
    Thanks
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    magsxx wrote: »
    Where is the weekly thing at?
    Thanks

On the phone app