our week includes:

parmesan crusted chicken
salmon en croute with spinach and garlic in a tarragon hollandaise sauce
saucy beans and eggplant
brats with sauerkraut
prosciutto, fontina, and fig panini
leftovers
eating out

stop by and see the full menu at http://everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com/2011/05/menu-planning-51-57.html

**share what are you eating this week.

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    c'mon guys, nobody else is a menu planner? what are you eating this week?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yesterday - beef pot roast
    Tonight - Arroz con Pollo (old weight watchers recipe)

The rest of the week:
    pork chops, rice pilaf, broccoli
    grilled sirloin, mashed potatoes, green beans
    spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread
    sour cream chicken with mashed potatoes and broccoli

Saturday - no idea, DH and I will be on the road all day at a train event...maybe something in the crock pot or burgers on the grill if one of us gets the chance to get the propane tank refilled
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Its a funny week, this one, but yes I usually menu plan.

Let's see..

Monday - out for lunch (future in-laws meeting for the first time) so nothing much for dinner
    Tues - gym night, so maybe something carby afterwards like wholewheat pasta, tomato sauce
    Wed - burger at the gourmet burger place up the road that does a special offer with cinema ticket, as I want to go see Your Highness
    Thurs- night out with the girls, will make a chicken salad tortilla wrap before I go out.
    Fri- at a Scottish dancing weekend, staying with my parents. I think it'll be grilled salmon. Plus finger food supper half way through the ceili
    Sat- fork supper at the Scottish dancing thingy
  • lipt8611
    lipt8611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    tonight- nothing much, we have class at 7 (probably cereal, eggs, piece of chicken sausage, depending on what I have left for the day carb-wise)
    tomorrow- pork tenderloin in the crockpot (marinated from trader joes)
    wednesday- tuna steaks
    thursday- chicken sausage
    friday- spaghetti and clams? not sure

this is a weird week, too, because i get free chik fil a sandwiches from m-f (just show my teacher ID!) and my fiance happens to LOVE chik fil a and will eat one sandwich a day, so I don't have to cook him much :)
    (let's not get into the fast food debate, my fiance and i see very differently, but he is healthy and enjoys his chicken sandwiches!)
  • iluv2travel
    iluv2travel Posts: 74
    Options
    Here's my menu for the week:

Mon - Barbacoa beef + cilantro lime rice (skinny taste site)
    Tue - Baked Coconut chicken + side salad
    Wed - Quinoa Pasta w/ spicy Italian Chicken sausage
    Thu - Chicken Marsala + brown rice
    Fri - not sure yet
  • beckyb64
    beckyb64 Posts: 11
    Options
    Monday - Saien Soba @ Wagamama.
    Tuesday - Vegetarian sausage, potato mash & lots of green beans.
    Wednesday - 1/2 tin of baked beans on toast (I'm too lazy to cook some nights!)
    Thursday - Eating out @ an Indian restaurant. Thinking a potato & onion-based side dish with small portion of boiled rice.
    Friday - New potato & boiled egg salad with salad cream.

Saturday is going to be a challenge - I'm going away for the weekend, last time I went away was on my birthday when I had 3 breakfasts! Thank goodness for MFP keeping me in check now :)
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is the plan for this week:

Monday-omelets (diced ham, cheese and green bell pepper)
    Tuesday-Sloppy Joes on 100 cal round bread, baked beans, baby carrots
    Wednesday-Maui Maui, brown rice, steamed veggies
    Thursday-chicken wraps
    Friday-pulled pork sandwiches, tater tots, green beans
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I bake off a ton of chicken for the week for lunch & dinner.

Monday - tacos (ground turkey, whole wheat tortilla, salsa, little bit of cheese), & broccoli
    Tuesday- 4 oz. grilled chicken, brown rice and sauteed onion, pepper, zucchini and squash
    Wednesday- either taco leftovers or grilled chicken salad (4 oz. chicken, romain, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots)
    Thursday-Omelette (1 whole egg w/ 3 egg whites), 1 oz fat free feta, spinach, with either turkey bacon or turkey sausage patties, and maybe a whole wheat tortilla depending on my calories
    Friday- Grilled chicken and fruit salad from Chick-Fil-A
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm totally a planner but after staying up until 1am I'm so excited that tonight is a leftover dinner that hubby made last night while I was out.

Beyond tonight, taking Zumba, and catching up on sleep...I have not planned out the rest of the week.

Plus, when I go shopping I only tend to plan 2 meals at a time. I find less food in the house at once is a great approach!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Parmesan crusted tilapia
    Tuesday: Mahi Mahi Tacos
    Wednesday: Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
    Thursday: Leftovers
    Friday: Green Salads with Tuna

Oh my . . .I didn't realize how much fish we are eating until I typed it out. Usually, we eat fish about once a week.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This weeks rough plan:

1) roasted vegetables (eggplant, butternut squash, onions and mushrooms), hummus and feta cheese on a bed of spinach (I have variations of this almost every week- different veg/cheese)
    2) probably some sort of stir-fry with noodles- chicken or seitan with veg and sugar free teriyaki sauce
    3) chicken salad (chicken, Annie's Goddess dressing and fat free mayo) wraps
    4) seitan cooked in BBQ sauce w/ hummus on wraps

(I grill all my wraps once they are filled on George Foreman grill so they are crispy- so good and so much more fun to eat!)

not sure of the schedule for rest of week... I don't do much "real" cooking (some of your menus sound delicious!) so my meals are generally things I can just throw in a pan/ and assemble as salads/sandwiches.
  • ellenangel
    Options

that sounds really good! Do you have a recipe?
  • godblessourhome
    Options

that sounds really good! Do you have a recipe?

yes, please! i want to know to. :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Oh my . . .I didn't realize how much fish we are eating until I typed it out. Usually, we eat fish about once a week.

lol. i've done that too. :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    mmm. some of these sound so good! don't be surprised if you have to set another plate for supper one night. heehee.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what I am going to cook one meal to the next, let alone over the whole week! Sorry to be no use. I am actually a bit boggled at the organisation. I often still have no idea what I am going to cook by 7pm when my husband gets home.
  • ellenangel
    Options
    mmm. some of these sound so good! don't be surprised if you have to set another plate for supper one night. heehee.

+ 1...hehe, I want in :laugh: