My One Year Anniversary -51.8 lbs (with Pictures)

Options
patricac
patricac Posts: 255 Member
It’s my 1 year “Anniversary” since starting my current journey to become healthy. I thought this would be a good opportunity to finally have enough courage to post my progress pictures on the message boards! A quick recap:

-Height: 5’6. HW: Over 250. By looking at some of my old pictures, I know I was over that, but didn’t own a scale.
-2009: I weighed in at 243. I lost 20 lbs on my own by doing Zumba. But gained some back by being inconsistent.
-May 2010: I got serious about my health and lost 30 lbs by using a phone app called My Personal Diet (I was on a windows-based phone then).
-Sept-Oct 2010: I hit a plateau with my weight loss due to inconsistencies and not making the appropriate adjustments with food intake and varying my exercise regimen.
-Nov 2010: I bought a new Android based phone and I found MFP! I got over my plateau pretty quickly and have lost 22 since joining.

Since May 2010, I’ve lost 51.8 lbs. Since 2009 I’ve lost 64.8 lbs and 49 inches overall. I went from a size 22/24 to a size 12/14. I have 38 lbs to go till I get to my goal weight of 140. Although I am going to re-evaulate when I reach 155. I’ve started keeping a blog since January (link in signature), it's really helped me get through some of the hurdles. I haven’t had time to write up my 1 year update yet, planning on doing that soon.

Without MFP, I do not believe I would be where I am today. Thank you to the community and all my MFP friends. It keeps me going knowing I’m not alone in my journey and hearing all the motivating/inspiring stories here. Hoping the pictures post!

-50NH.jpg
SINGLE.jpg

This is me "running", even though it looks like I'm walking :happy: The one in pink is my first 5K Race in March.

RUNNINGPIC-nh.jpg

These were taking this last weekend with my old pants.

OneYearNH.jpg

Replies

• cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    That is so awesome and such an inspiration. I'm glad you had the courage (as you put it :) ) to put those pictures up. It shows all of us that we can do it. You should be so proud of your accomplishments, because we all here at mfp are so proud of you!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look ah-maz-ing! :drinker:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good job!! You have definitly been persistent. Thank you sharing with us.

Best wishes on continues success.
  • NicoleMarie00
    NicoleMarie00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job! truly inspiring!
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love your dog in the last picture!
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love your dog in the last picture!
  • leanda31
    leanda31 Posts: 2
    Options
    wow you look fab. i am going to be doing my 1st 5km jog in july and just the training is killing me
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing!!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So Wonderful!
  • SkinnyMissy1
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!!!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Patricia !!!! You are Aaaaaahhhhh-MAZING !!! do glad we are friends on MFP !!! you inspire me to step up my game !!! Do proud of you !!! Keep going girl !!!
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I know it takes a lot of hard work. You inspired me today!!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    you rock Patricia!!!!
    I am sooo proud of you......your determination is amazing & you've been an inspiration to me!! :flowerforyou:
    you look awesome! I have no doubt you will make it to your goal :bigsmile:
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    You look amazing. Makes me more inspired to get my butt in gear and be better about exercising and logging.
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    You look great!! I love the dress (and the old jeans WOW, you've really put in the work) I really wish I would have kept my old clothes for a pic like that! Keep up the great work, its really paying off!
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Options
    What a great Inspriation! Thank you for Posting the pictures it helps keep me going..You look Awesome =) Congratulations on your success!
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thank you for sharing your pics and your story! So inspiring!
  • patricac
    Options
    That is so awesome and such an inspiration. I'm glad you had the courage (as you put it :) ) to put those pictures up. It shows all of us that we can do it. You should be so proud of your accomplishments, because we all here at mfp are so proud of you!

Thanks cowpoke06! It was hard for me to put up the pictures, it shows the progression - but it's scary that I let myself get to that point in the first place. I'm so happy to have found MFP since it has provided such a huge support for me :)
  • patricac
    Options
    Congrats! You look ah-maz-ing! :drinker:

Thanks for all your support stenochick :happy: If it wasn't for MFP, I would've never heard of C25K and would have never thought to do a 5K race!
  • patricac
    Options
    Good job!! You have definitly been persistent. Thank you sharing with us.

Best wishes on continues success.

Thank you dlaplume2!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!