SAHM 5/2 - 5/8

Options
SAHM 5/2 - 5/8
Previous thread:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/225055-sahm-4-25-5-1

Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Having company two weeks in a row through me off totally! I'll be back here this week. Thanks for starting the thread Barb!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Barb! Hope the party went well? And how was yours wildcat? and how are the birthday babes??

Tink - did you have fun with your visitors?

We are all ok here, beautiful weather but very windy so its frustrating being out as the boys love it but DD gets distressed by the wind and no matter how hard we try I can't seem to protect her from it!! I have really stuck to the regime this week, I even managed to get fixated on somethnig I shouldn't eat (fruit shortbread) last night and NOT cook it. That's very rare for me as usually once I'm truly fixed on something I cave eventually. Bit gutted that life returns to normal tomorrow (With no long weekend!), but its DH's birthday on Friday so looking forward to that! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I hope that you all had a great weekend!
    I am exhausted this morning....we stayed up late waiting for the President's speech, so I am dragging a bit. To top it off, my bulk-size container of laundry detergent fell off the shelf above the washer last night, so my washer was full of 100 loads worth of detergent this morning. :frown: That was fun to clean up...... ugh.

Didn't log food over the weekend, just paid close attention to portion size...don't think I did too bad.

In other news, potty training is going well. We are in big boy pants all the time other than nap and night, and averaging one accident a day. Sounds like success to me!!:drinker:
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    We had a great time, thanks for asking shoppie! Today is her actual birthday ::tear:: We're headed to the aquarium as soon as she gets up from her nap. I didn't do too badly yesterday until after everyone left, my husband and I grabbed a pizza and I had leftover wine from the night before :) What a year!

I added a picture of the birthday girl in her party dress if anyone is interested. I'm probably biased, but I think she's pretty darn cute :)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    PNCtink~That has got to be hard to have visitors over. Hope that you can get back on track without any hitches.

Shoppie~It's so hard to please everyone isn't it? How old is DD?

KC~Love the PT success! PT is the bane to my existence.:laugh: Out of the 6 that are PT, only one was easy and that was my 1st. So talk about unfair you get expectations that they will all be that way and then rude awakening. "Hello we are all not that easy" :laugh: I am hoping that my youngest is an easy one to potty train. Sorry about the laundry detergent. That sounds like an adventure.

Wildcat~Have fun at the aquarium.

Well I survived my extra shifts. But man my legs were killing me. I swear I walked 15 miles each day. :laugh: I just keep thinking about the nice check that I will be getting from it. I love my job and the people I work with but I can't wait to get back to being a full time SAHM! I have been thinking about what kind of things that I could do from home. After doing my MIL nails I have decided that I want to go to cosmetology school and open a "salon" in my house. The hubby is standing behind it too. Even says he will build me one off the back of the garage. I have had a lot of fun doing my MIL nails and now a friend of mine has me do hers too. Plus they both have people that want me to do their nails for them, BONUS! Anyways got to go the boys are running amok.:laugh: Happy Monday everyone!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wildcat mom - today is my son's birthday also! He is now 5 and I'm a mess about it, lol.

I didn't stay the course this weekend but we finally got our new fridge on sat so at least I can cook again. I'll be back later, have a great Monday ladies.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I am new to MFP, and a stay at home mom to 3 kids.. Ethan -5, Owen - 3 and Emily - 1.5. I also babysit an extra 2 year old full time :o) My name is Melissa and I have 15 pounds left to lose to get to my initial goal of 150, and then we will see from there. My kids have been trading illnesses back and forth this week which has been a barrier to getting to the gym... But I'm hoping everyone is healthy enough for me to make my beloved step class tomorrow.

By the way, I have always been dead set against tracking calories, but after losing 10 pounds VERY slowly over the past few months, I have decided I need to step it up a notch, and I LOVE THIS SITE! I actually get excited about inputting everything and the knowledge that I will have to count everything has improved my eating a ton! Can't wait to meet you all, and by the way, I have no friends on here so far, lol.. so will you be my friend?? :-)
  • clcole522
    clcole522 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness mom's..........Talk about a crzy 3 week stretch of company.... Feels like I'm starting all over here on our SAHM board....I've tried to log in my food, and keep my schedule at the gym....But trying to keep up on my boards, well, it was just to much...I'm sorry...............
    But as of today, I am company free and trying to get back to my daily routines....Which for one, I need to get my Spin class music and routine in order for tonight........I hope all is well with everyone !!!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Melissa-Welcome to the group! I used to be dead set against tracking calories but whoa when I did it was a real eye opener. I make much better choices now. I won't say the weight has come off quickly, I started with 20 lbs. to lose in Jan of this year and I have 6 lbs. left. It's a process and at times a slow one. It's much better than the alternative of continuing to blindly eat and gain weight each year.

Amy-Yeah on the new fridge, what a hassle I'm sure it must have been to not have one. Now you can get yourself back on track.

Katie-Cosmetology school is fun, most of it any way. I've been a licensed cosmetologist for 21 years. I had a salon in my house to do friends and family before we moved.

WildCat-Happy Birthday to your little darling, she's so cute!

KC-That laundry detergent mess sounds like a lot of fun! EEKS! Hopefully your day gets better from there.

Shoppie-Sorry to hear your weekend has come to an end. Back to the normal routine. At least you get your husbands birthday to celebrate this weekend!

Nicole-I'm sure it is hard to stay on track with company, especially for 2 weeks. I'm sure it won't take you too long to get back into the swing of things.

We had an okay weekend here. We had company over Saturday afternoon until dinner time. Sunday morning my husband ran a half marathon which is 13.1 miles. Then my oldest daughter had a band concert and my middle daughter a soccer game. Everyone was worn out by the end of the night. I even went to bed by 10:00! Even so ...I skipped out on EVO this morning and I don't feel guilty about it at all. I think I've been getting more and more sleep deprived which is playing havoc with my system as well. I haven't lost anything and any gains that I've shown haven't been real gains just temporary fluctuation. Hopefully I can get things moving again this week. I'm going to push to lose 5 lbs. this month.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Shoppie-I did have fun! It's always nice to see my Mom, sister, and brother, and my best friend came last week. We watched the wedding on tv and had a little party. We forgot to hang out our Union Jack, but it was fun! Are you doing anything special for your DH's birthday?

KC-Sorry about the laundry detergent. Were able to salvage some for future use? Woohoo on the potty training! It's so nice when they get it! My DS just started a couple of weeks ago, but it's clicking for him. DD took a good year to get it!

WildCat-Your DD is adorable!! I love that hat!

Katie-Thanks! Also, doing nails is fun! That's part of the volunteer work I used to do for the ladies in the nursing home. They loved it!

Amy-Happy brithday to your son! Glad you got a new fridge too!

Melissa-Welcome!!!

Cat-3 weeks?!?!?! I thought two was rough!! Enjoy spin class!!

Holly-That sounds like a good goal! Sleep deprivation stops weight loss cold in its tracks. I think that's another reason I've stalled out. Plus I'm drinking loads of coffee (which I don't even like!!) to give me a kick start, but I think it's hindering because it makes me too nauseous to exercise.

So our weather has been gorgeous and we've been spending at least five hours a day outside. I'm trying to do my Jillian Michaels in the morning before we head out, but it doesn't always happen. I've thrown myself into researching the different methods of homeschooling and it's sucking my free time up. Anyway, we've been walking through the neighborhood quite a bit, and I even race the kids around the house, or we play "catch the kid" where they run from me and I "catch" (AKA: tickle) them. Plus I'm not snacking out there. I had a small NSV today when we took the long walk that takes us up a steep hill, and I wasn't huffing and puffing a smuch as I used to! I was pretty happy about that.
  • shoppie
    Options
    Tink - glad you had fun with your visitors! :bigsmile: We aren't doing anything much for DH's birthday as DD still won't take a bottle (*bang head on wall smiley*) We will have a cake and candles though, plus I have decided to bake him some caramel shortbread (unbeknon to him) as its his fave. I am also quite chuffed with his present - I have bought him a gift experience of having a drive in a formula 1 car - I'm hoping that he'll love it! Well done with your walk up the hill!

KC-Woohoo on the potty training! Its only about 6 weeks since we did DS2 and it is soooo nice to have him in pants! He doesn't have many accidents at all anymore, just the odd one when he gets distracted.

WildCat-Your DD is beautiful, I'm loving the hat too though mine would have had that off in 2 seconds flat! :laugh:

Katie- my DD will be 12 weeks old tomorrow, still loving the fuzzy headed, milky smelling tiny baby snuggles :heart: It makes it hard for her to enjoy any kind of unusual weather, she wants it to be warm but not too hot/ windy/ cloudy/ rainy at all times so she can lie on the grass having a good kick looking up at the trees!

Amy- DS1 will be 5 in the middle of June too, I feel quite emotional thinking its been so long since I became a parent, what an amazing experience it is, eh?! Happy birthday to hi!
    Melissa-Welcome!!!

Cat-3 weeks? Wow! Hope spin goes well!

Holly- Sleep deprivation def affects weight loss - I think it slows/ confuses the metabolis, plus I find it gives me horrific sugar cravings as I'm constantly trying to give myself a bit of an energy boost!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Shoppie-The party went pretty good, had LOTS of leftovers though (1/2 the people that said would show up didn’t), so we have plenty of leftovers to eat….I even gave some out to the party guest that showed up and still had A LOT left over. Jeremey is doing good, he cried for some of his party. He wasn’t sure what was going on and didn’t like people coming and going and wasn’t sure about most of them.

So, I wake up this morning and hear that Bin Laden has been killed….you know, I’m already sick of hearing about it! I’m sorry to sound so awful, but it happened last night and they just over killed the story like they did the Royal wedding and everything else they over kill.

Hubby and I made it to the Y today, yay!:bigsmile: I got almost an hour in there at the Y…Hubby started having a hard time getting use to the workout, but he went and did some weight lifting first, then came back to the cardio stuff and he said he felt awesome and couldn’t wait to do it again. Keep in mind, he works third shift, so he has a hard time getting a chance to work out, so Sundays when we get to out as a family we walk the parks and stuff, otherwise Mondays are really his only “work out” day he gets. But in the last 2 weeks, he has lost 12 lbs!!!! WTG him!:drinker:

My newest profile pic is me and Jeremey, the day of his party. We bought him his first pair of sunglasses and he LOVES them! We couldn't get them off of him yesterday, LoL.
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello again ladies! Hope you are all having a wonderful week and staying dry. It has been raining in Ohio for practically 3 full weeks. I am really looking forward to a little less rain! It is funny, I moved here last fall from the desert...and now I feel like I live in a pond! Oh well, at least I am closer to the families! We did manage to get one nice day this weekend (Saturday), so it was nice to have a little sun on our camping trip. We came home very early on Sunday as it was just raining all day anyhow. Nothing like packing up camp at 8:00 am to beat the rain storms:) We were home by 9:30 am. It was fun! I love getting away from all of the "Extra" chores at home. We spend a lot more time just playing with the kids and enjoying our family - we have a trailer, so it is like a home away from home without all of the extra work.

Barb - awesome job making it to the Y this morning with your hubby and congrats to him on his 12 lbs too! Love your little guy's sunglasses too! Nice picture!

Shoppie - your birthday present for your hubby sounds awesome! Especially the carmel shortbread! Ok..the formula 1 car is pretty cool too:)

KC - Congrats on the potty training...I am jealous! I'll pay you to come to my house and train my daughter. The other day my husband asked me if there was a service you could hire to do it...I laughed a little...but oh how I wish there was!

Wildcat - I love the picture of your DD...super cute! Congrats on the birthday party.

Holly - sounds like you are extremely busy! Good job keeping up with everything and good luck with those 5 lbs this month. Sleep is definitely a necessity! Hope you can get to bed early this week.

Tink - nice job keeping active without doing your workout videos. I think it is just as important to play with the kids and get some outdoor exercise! Also - congrats on the NSV!

Ok - I had better get off of my computer! I am sure I have a lot of better things I could be doing like laundry, cleaning etc. The kids are sleeping and I have time to just catch up. Have a great week!

angie:)
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just had a text argument with my middle schooler and a row with my hubby. It's not even 8am. The rest of the day has to get better!

The weather is supposed to be gorgeous outside today. No excuses! I find that I need to walk in the mornings if I'm going to get it done at all.

I lost about 3 lbs this week. Yahoo! I've been stalled for several months because I was on IV nutrition, which is designed to pack on the pounds for obvious reasons. I'm surprised (and grateful!) I didn't gain any weight while I was on it. Hopefully the IV will come out of my arm this week, and I'll be back to normal.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Angie-I was glad we were able to make it to the Y this time, and hopefully we'll get it so we make it a habit..I told him since Mondays are his only good day to workout, I would like to go every Monday unless we have a dr appt or something like that.

So, I think I found a pretty good deal on a treadmill that will hold my husband's weight and we won't have to pay an arm and a leg. Now, to figure out where to put it here in the basement....that way when he's home during the week, he can get at least a small workout, which is better than nothing. Not a lot going on right now, just trying to keep things going in the right direction.

Hehe, oh yeah, I changed my ticker from lbs lost to lbs to go:smile: I figured it would give me more motivation and see how much closer I am to reaching my goal!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm Julia and I'm new to MFP and new at staying at home. I recently lost my job (which i hated anyways) and hubby says I can stay home! My girl Leah is 2 1/2 and we are starting to potty train but it's slow going. I am loving MFP so far. I was down to 160 2 weeks after giving birth but have gained and now i'm close to 200 lbs! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. May check back in later.
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome Blueliss and Juls!

PNC—Awesome about all the time that you have been able to spend outside!

Cat—welcome back! We’ve missed you! I know the feeling about finally being back on your own after a lot of company. I love having people come to visit—but I love the quiet (well, relative quiet) after people leave.

Barb—Sounds like the party was a success! My little guy was the same way on his first birthday…

Thanks for all the encouragement about PTing. It is still going…today was a bad day, but hopefully tomorrow will get better.

No loss on the scale this morning, but I am going to take measurements tomorrow morning. I haven’t done that since February, so hopefully I will see some loss there to keep me motivated.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome Blueliss and Juls:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

KC-Yes, the party was successful...even though the birthday boy didn't like sharing me and having me do all the birthday festivities, everything turned out pretty good, all except all the left overs I had to bring back home....and thankfully, its all gone, except for that birthday cake....:grumble: Guess I'll have to slowly eat it in small moderation.

Hmm, well, looks like its that time of night for me. Hope everyone has a good night! Talk with you ladies all in the morning!

Oh yeah, I got 4 out of 8 waters in today (first time in a long time!!) :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • shoppie
    Options
    Nicole - I hate days that start that way, it makes e want to go back to bed and start again, hope today is better!

Barb - it is hard to host a party and actually feel that you spend time with your LO, we have decided to host it at a soft play centre in June for that reason - they do everything except the birthday cake!

KC - I'm sure you know bad days are just as likely as good days in the early stages of PTing, hopefully today will be better! We must be about 6 weeks in now and its only really the last 2/3 weeks that he has become normally dry without me worrying constantly about when he last went!

Welcome Julia! :flowerforyou:

No loss for me on the scales this week either, so 2 weeks at the same weight - my guess would be that last week's overeating was offset by this week being better. I'm going to do the same as KC and take my measurements next week, it will then be a month since I last did it. I have to bear in mind even if I don't lose anything again this week I will have lost 17 lbs in 2 months, which is still amazing.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi there, everyone! Today I am very much feeling like a SAHM. I don't feel like working on my business--I feel like doing some house cleaning! I have no idea what's come over me, I must be in Bizzarro World.

It's raining here today, so the chances of me going for a walk are pretty slim. I'm thinking jumping jacks...:bigsmile: