Fitting into old clothes

Options

Replies

• Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have corsets of various sizes that I want to be able to wear to faires again. And there's this brilliant full black skirt that I haven't been able to get around my waist since I started putting on weight, but I've never had the heart to get rid of it. That skirt is my finish line.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    mermaidart wrote: »
    I was finally able to fit into my favorite red dress after 4 years of being too big for it. What are you looking forward to fitting into or what have you fit into recently that has made you feel amazing?

That is awesome. I have some nice pants gather dust that I look forward to wearing gain and have reclaimed a belt or two already.

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That red dress looks marvelous on you! Yesterday I wore a brown pants i couldn t button up a couple of weeks ago and it took me 1 minute before realising they fit me! Best feeling ever!!!
  • NewLeaf_13
    NewLeaf_13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a purple dress that looks very similar to your red dress that I can't wait to fit into again! I actually have it hung on the wall in my closet so every time I go in there I can see it and be reminded of my goals. I still have about 2 sizes to go, but hopefully by the time it gets warm enough to wear it again it will fit! Congrats on your loss...you look amazing!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Super cute dress and just in time for the holidays!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    For me, a pair of jeans. THE jeans. You know what I mean ladies? Never found a pair that look or fit as good, but I haven't fit into them since about 2003. They are my finish line. (Love that quote @silverdracos)
  • jenny93
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    For me, a pair of jeans. THE jeans. You know what I mean ladies? Never found a pair that look or fit as good, but I haven't fit into them since about 2003. They are my finish line. (Love that quote @silverdracos)

totally agree!!! i got a pair that is waiting, but i'm 25 pounds away :(

• shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! congratulations. I am just starting again and you give me hope. thank you for posting.

• Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I had a denim skirt I loved that I no longer fitted into after having a child, I lost some weight and fitted into it again, I only got to wear it for a couple of months, now it's to big. It's the one in my profile picture.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Pants I've had since before my youngest daughter was even conceived that I was never able to wear. She's almost 7.5 .... :neutral_face:

When I can wear the few articles of clothing I still have from when I started dating my husband, I will be a happy camper.

ETA: The pants in my profile picture currently are the ones I mentioned above. :smiley:
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in your red dress! Congratulations!
    As for me, I've been many different sizes in the last 20 years. I've always believed I would slim down "soon" so I never made a big investment in clothes. Earlier today, I got a box of clothes down from the loft that said "winter 2012." Unfortunately, most of them look pretty worn, but there are a few that fit again! Once I reach my goal, I'm going to have fun shopping!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I want to fit a pair of jeans,dress pants for work never worn cause I'm too fat, a cute dress, and of course New Year's Eve gown that I've never ever fit!!!! Man got to keep at it!

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that I want to get back into, I keep trying them on and can see a difference every time but for them just to slide on and fasten I seriously cannot wait for that day!! I also have a lovely sequinned party dress that fits but I want it to look better so that is another goal I'm aiming for over Christmas x
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to wearing the clothes that aren't in my closet. I'm down 30 pounds and can wear everything that is there. (I got rid of the too small stuff years ago). My "regular fitting clothes" are now pretty loose, the clothes that were too tight are now fitting comfortably. It's nice to know I can choose anything now and it will fit. I have 40 more pounds to go so know I will need be getting new clothes eventually. I am getting ready to give away some of the really loose clothes.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just recently fit into a beautiful soft, White Faux fur like, past bum length dressy winter coat. It's quite glamorous and I love it. People keep asking if I bought a new coat and I'm like nope it's 5 years old and I only wore it one season (Then I got fat). I had the coat when Hubs and I got married. My next goal is a pair of jeans from American Eagle that I stole from him that I wore when we first started dating. Then When I lose more, I may give it back lol.
  • fdfallie
    fdfallie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just this morning I put on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to button up in a year and they are loose! I was dancing around in my kitchen, wondering who I could share that with that would actually care and along comes this beautifully timed post. Woot!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    As an adult I have never been the size I am now, not even close, so I don't have any of those "I used to fit into this" skinny clothes in my wardrobe. If I did, they would be horribly out of date from the 80's when I was entering middle school...haha

I do get a huge thrill out of shopping now, though. I am a big thrift store fan and I used to just shop the plus size rack so now I feel excited about having almost the entire store to choose from. Instead of gleaning through a rack of plus size tops, I quickly scan over whole racks of juniors & misses just looking for fabric, colors, and patterns that strike my fancy. It's pretty cool when about 70% of the time it's either a M or L and I can wear it now.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    THIS. I have tons of too small clothes in my closet, some are very nice dress pants and tops for work. I have already dropped to a size 12 from an 18/16...I can't wait to get into my 10s, and 8s, and even 6s!!
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As I type this I am wearing a shirt I haven't been able to previously fit into for about 3 years. I have other clothes that I don't yet fit into, one of them a t-shirt that's about 12 odd years since I last wore it - but I am very close to looking 12 years out of fashion and I can't wait!
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I have a pair of jeans I nearly gave away because I thought I'd never fit into them again. They are now getting too loose. I'm waiting until I get a couple of more pounds down before I start looking for a new pair.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!