Bad joints + Exercising

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm 19 ..and exercise 3/4 times a week.. usually work on cardio - either exercise bike or dance class..
For about a year now I've been getting painful joints ..they crack all the time aswell..

I don't know if I'm exercising too much, or doing the wrong thing? Or maybe vitamins would help? I already take a "one a day" vit C, vit A and iron tablet.

Can anyone help?

Feel free to add me too! xx

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    add fish oil.

and find a joint support vitamin.
    MSM works great for me.
  • hannah0209
    hannah0209 Posts: 36
    Options
    ah okay :-) thanks

xx
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I agree, fish oil helps a ton!!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Fish oil definitely. And make sure you do all your stretches after working out - joints are supported by a complicated system of muscles, and if these weaken, that has an effect on the joint's mobility.
  • hannah0209
    hannah0209 Posts: 36
    Options
    Shall I stop taking my "one a day" vit A, C + iron tablet when taking fish oil?

I think I remember reading taking too much vit A or D is dangerous..

I need iron though cos I'm verging on becoming a veggie xx
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to take 3 fish oil a day it help for the heart also i've been on them for years i wont stop the multi-vitamin with the vit-a you can keep a calculation from mfp it's add up vit-a in our daily foods
  • daisy71
    daisy71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I suffer with painful knees, especially when I tried the 30 day shred. I am going to start trying glucosamine from tomorrow see if this helps. So I can try shred again.
  • rachpiper720
    rachpiper720 Posts: 204
    Options
    I have lived with joint pain for 15 years and I'm 28. I would also consider adding in some light strength training...especially for the knees. The stronger the muscles you have around the joints, the less stress you put on the joints. Also I have found that sugar and carbs make me have more painful joints. I can tell the day after if I have eaten pasta or a cookie....its weird.