Men earbuds that stay in ears?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
Hubby wants some for Christmas. The cheap ones that come with phones usually fall off his ears.

I love my Yurbuds, but the men ones don't have great reviews... Suggestions?

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A have a Motorola Bluetooth pair $45 that I use for jogging I have had them almost two years and I only have to charge them about every other week and I usually put in 20-30 miles a week.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    In order of preference...

yurbuds
    sol relays
    old school ones like these:
    sc_B00005N6KG-01.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I hate yurbuds. I don't know why earbuds are gender related though.
  • assthetikk
    assthetikk Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    i have Soundmagic es20 and they never fall off whether i am running or skydiving
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I use the Yurbuds Iroman ear buds and they are just fine. Sound quality is decent, not great, but they stay in my ears and that is the most important thing to me.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Just bought my husband the Jaybird Bluebuds X for his birthday. He seems to like them--they stay put for running (very soundproof--he can't hear me speaking when he has them in). And they are Bluetooth (wireless!) to boot. They have them at Target now...
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the Jaybird bluebuds (note.....he CAN hear you :smile: )

I have the Plantronics wireless, they are OK, they stay in, but I really dont like the cord, it is quite thick and irritates me (maybe thats just me)

I was alos looking at the Beats with the over-ear clip, they look good, but expensive.
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Is this for working out, for general listening. Are they for audiophile listening...

329 different in ear monitors (earbuds) reviewed for sound quality and other features, broken down by price range:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-329-iems-compared-tekfusion-twinwoofers-added-12-02-14-p-1008
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    ntw25 wrote: »
    I was alos looking at the Beats with the over-ear clip, they look good, but expensive.

I have them... decent, but not worth the price, IMO.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    ^Head-fi is a great site.

Anything with silicone covers on it stay in my ears pretty well. I use those $10 Panasonics. I don't think it's a good idea to spend much money on earbuds you're using out-and-about and stuffed in your pocket. They're going to fail from cable stress where the plug goes into the headphone jack anyways, sooner or later.

The key to them staying in though, is running the cable through your shirt. Otherwise, you're bumping the cable into things and they'll pull right out.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My cheap earbuds aren't gender specific. I have a pair of the Sony Active Sport earbud. They are $19.99. I love them. http://store.sony.com/sports-headphones-zid27-MDRAS200//cat-27-catid-All-Headphones-Earbuds
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I like my yurbuds. Keep in mind though that if they're for running outdoors, they need to be different. Noise blocking earbuds can be dangerous. We recently had a guy killed by a train because he was jogging up the tracks with earbuds in. A FREAKING TRAIN! So if they're for that purpose, yurbuds makes some for running outside which let's ambient noise in.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    My cheap earbuds aren't gender specific. I have a pair of the Sony Active Sport earbud. They are $19.99. I love them. http://store.sony.com/sports-headphones-zid27-MDRAS200//cat-27-catid-All-Headphones-Earbuds

Yep, that's basically what I have. No problems, whatsoever.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Have B&W C5`s they are amazing in ear, I also have there P3`s and P7`s as well but they are on and over ear.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I like my yurbuds. Keep in mind though that if they're for running outdoors, they need to be different. Noise blocking earbuds can be dangerous. We recently had a guy killed by a train because he was jogging up the tracks with earbuds in. A FREAKING TRAIN! So if they're for that purpose, yurbuds makes some for running outside which let's ambient noise in.

Darwin 1 - Train Track Jogger 0
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have the Bose earbuds. Yes, a bit pricey but they STAY in place and don't make my ears sore which is a huge plus.
  • goanothermile
    goanothermile Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have used yurbuds with inexpensive earbuds. Stayed in well, but I often find that they pick up a lot of wind noise when running outside. On the other hand, if you keep a reasonable music volume level you can still hear what is going on around you.

I recently bought the Jaybirds Bluebird X. Being wireless is awesome. Range, sound, and battery life are all good. However, the included tips didn't work for me. Other than the price, the critical flaw for me was that I could never get them to stay in using the supplied tips.

I had to order a set of foam tips (Comply T-500 Isolation Tips) to get them comfortable. I know they will have to be replaced regularly and cost about $5.00 per set. That works, but it really does block a lot of outside sound. As mentioned above, have to be careful doing that.