What heart rate monitor do you use?

Options
13»

Replies

• FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I retired my Polar ft7 and got a Polar TCX3. :) I have a brand new Garmin Forerunner that my daughter never used (well, she did once)... but I like the simplicity of my Polar, so I haven't tried it.

I also have a Fitbit One. *LOVE* it.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am now on the UnderArmour chest strap that pairs with my iPhone. I have used Polar, Timex, and the target brand. The timex I went through 3 chest straps, I hated the polar watch set up, and the target brand stopped working rather quick. The Under Armour so far is awesome, pairs with Mapmyfitness and has its own app as well, seems to be pretty accurate and it is more comfortable than the polar and timex chest straps, it is much bigger too.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    as mentioned before my hubby loves the under armour one, so much so that we just ordered one for my brother as a gift - if anyone is interested on the under armour website coupon code "armour39" will get you 70 bucks off it right now, as far as I know it is still good, I just looked. thats 30 bucks for a $100 HRM, might be worth a try!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Polar RC3 GPS. Looking to get the new Polar M400.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and the Fitbit One. I love them both! They are used for totally separate functions as someone else mentioned. I had the Flex but I didn't like it at all and sent it back. Guess I don't like anything on my wrist. I'll wait to see what folks are saying about the new Fitbit products before I decide if I want to upgrade.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Was just posting about hrm differences on another thread (i.e. ecg vs bioimpedance vs optical heart rate monitoring). I use a Polar FT40 with an H1 sensor/strap for cardio, mostly jogging/running these days. I'm looking to upgrade to a Bluetooth sensor that i can pair up with my smartphone, which doubles as an activity tracker currently.
  • jmido
    jmido Posts: 18
    Options
    I am deciding between the basis peak, new fitbit charge, or the sports edition iwatch. Since the fitbit and iwatch arent out yet, im waiting to see how they compare to the basis peak which is supposed to be very good and accurate.
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 & I love it.
  • jillianedwards
    jillianedwards Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 its awesome!
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just got the Polar FT7 and am loving it so far! I'm a big girl and the chest strap goes completely unnoticed during my workout. I tuck it just underneath my sports bra and don't notice it at all. I like the simplicity of it too.
  • ogremoustro
    ogremoustro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    turtlez23 wrote: »
    It seems like everyone is pro fitbit. Have not heard anything about the Jawbone yet.

Keep in mind the new Jawbone UP3 will not measure active heart rate, but only resting heart rate. I had ordered one at first until I saw that so I ordered a Basis Peak; it's great!

• turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It seems like everyone is pro fitbit. Have not heard anything about the Jawbone yet.

Keep in mind the new Jawbone UP3 will not measure active heart rate, but only resting heart rate. I had ordered one at first until I saw that so I ordered a Basis Peak; it's great!

Oh! Thanks for that, I had no idea! I'm thinking for now, to just go with the Fitbit Flex and then once I really start being active, invest in a heart rate monitor!
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just got the Polar FT7 and am loving it so far! I'm a big girl and the chest strap goes completely unnoticed during my workout. I tuck it just underneath my sports bra and don't notice it at all. I like the simplicity of it too.

Good to know! Thanks! This might be the HRM I get later on because everyone seems to love it and it has gotten good reviews online.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use a garmin forerunner.. which is specifically for running. day to day I would really like to get the new fitbit when it comes out !!!
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just feel that a chest strap is going to be uncomfortable especially for someone like me who is on the heavier side.

I thought the same. but it's not .. honest. you don't even notice it's there after a few times..
  • rocknbam
    rocknbam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the combo of garmin FT7 and garmin vivofit both of which connect to the same heart rate strap. I use vivofit as my daily activity/basic exercise tracker and FT7 as my run/walk heart rate tracker. Both send great data to garmin connect wirelessly!
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivofit, I like it, but it stopped syncing with my computer after 5 months. They replaced it at no charge, but may step up to the Basis Peak with the wrist HRM if it goes out again.