Anyone using Garmin VivoFit?

Options
I am not seeing my calories showing up from MFP to Garmin Connect on VivoFit. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just got one last night and I'm pretty lost in it all. So I'd love to hear any feedback as well!
  • joolie_22
    Options
    I've just got mine and I had to sync it a few times to get the watch to talk to the computer, but it is talking to MFP okay. I didn't do anything special, just logged into MFP from Garmin Connect screen.
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have had a Vivofit since May and it has mostly worked fine unless Garmin or MFP have been monkeying with the software :/

Just go to the Calories In/Out widget in Connect and click on the 'Connect to Myfitnesspal' link. Follow the prompts and bingo.
  • RKW54
    RKW54 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got one and couldn't get to talk to computer via Garmin Express, didn't want to talk to dongle, so downloaded Garmin Connect on phone, and reads perfectly via Bluetooth, then the data is synched to computer. So use MFP for diet, etc and cross link with Garmin Connect.

I chose the Vivofit, cause I use an Edge800 on bike, and Forerunner 910XT for swimming and running, so all info is on one platform. In essence the Vivofit is to give me data for all the time between sessions. I have a pretty sedentary job, and it reminds me to move regularly. I also use a Tatana 1000 scale that gives me pretty good body metrics and again feeds in to Garmin Connect.

In summary though I found the easiest is to link to MFP via Garmin Connect
  • lraff
    lraff Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    veloman21, Are you on the Connect app on your phone, or on the computer?? I can't seem to make it work as of today.... Help!! :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have to go onto the GarminConnect webpage and manually sync my information for the day to get it to update under the connections tab on there, otherwise the app and MFP don't always talk to each other, for some reason.. And I sync through my Bluetooth and the app, because my computer doesn't like the chip they sent for ANT.
  • lraff
    lraff Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will give that a try as well. Thanks LilRedRooster!