30 day shred wasn't tough enough so what now?

Options
Yea so you know the 30 day shred workout video by Jillian Michaels? Well I did it. Yes I did lose 20 lbs like the DVD claims but it took me a good 3 months (not 30 days) of pushing myself to get it done. I do the 30 day shred everyday and I barely break a sweat no matter how hard I workout at the videos. I am looking for a more challenging workout program that can help me lose weight faster.

I mean to me 20 lbs is 20 lbs but I have a long way to go here and I know I am fully capable of losing weight and pushing myself to lose more then just 20 lbs in 3 months time. So I ask what workout program or DVD series you can recommend that has worked for you better than the 30 day shred? Help is much appreciated.

Replies

• niqu11
    niqu11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is awesome, congratulations! And 20 lbs in 3 months sounds like a healthy, steady loss. I understand though wanting to amp up your workouts. I love Insanity. No equipment needed, and it definitely pushes you. The DVDs are amazing, and if a gym near you offers the live class I highly recommend that too!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    niqu11 wrote: »
    20 lbs is awesome, congratulations! And 20 lbs in 3 months sounds like a healthy, steady loss. I understand though wanting to amp up your workouts. I love Insanity. No equipment needed, and it definitely pushes you. The DVDs are amazing, and if a gym near you offers the live class I highly recommend that too!!

A 30 minute Insanity DVD came out today! Aren't most of the original Insanity workouts like 45+ minutes long?

I'm currently doing Beachbody's Focus T25 and love it. It's 25 minutes and I'm dripping with sweat by the time I'm done, and I follow the modifier due to a knee issue. I'm only on the second week, though, so I can't speak as to results, yet. :)
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    T25 or Insanity or p90X something like that... they are all harder and more intese.. IDK how you have done this video for 90 days in a row... after 30 i was ready to punch Jillian in the face I get annoyed with her lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    20 pounds in 3 months is great.

20 pounds in 30 days is not great- it's fairly unhealthy.

be proud of yourself.

But- you're diet will dictate your weight loss.

pick a work out goal to help achieve a fitness based goal- rather than a weight one- once you pick a goal- you can pick a path- DVD/GYM/Body weight training etc to get you there.
  • niqu11
    niqu11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    niqu11 wrote: »

A 30 minute Insanity DVD came out today! Aren't most of the original Insanity workouts like 45+ minutes long?

I'm currently doing Beachbody's Focus T25 and love it. It's 25 minutes and I'm dripping with sweat by the time I'm done, and I follow the modifier due to a knee issue. I'm only on the second week, though, so I can't speak as to results, yet. :)

Oh I love T25 as well! Just found Insanity to be more intense. I'm definitely looking forward to Insanity Max 30 that was released today! 30 minute workouts are a wonderful thing!
  • johnnyr24
    johnnyr24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies and recommendations. Yea most people I read about here on MFP have stated they did each of the 3 workouts for about 10 days each. But I just kept plugging away and did each workout for about a months time each.

This one (level 3) that I am on now has been just over a month since I haven't found another program yet. I find that when I stop doing her workouts for a few days or more and then get back into the grind of doing them again they become harder for a day or two before I am back on track.

Oh and yes I wanted to knock her out lol Jillian Michaels talks wayyyyyyy too much for me sometimes I have to put on some music and blast her out so I can finish my workouts. Other then that I found the workouts were good. I'll be sure to have a look at this T25 and Insanity people are mentioning seems like an interesting step up. Thanks again :)
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Similar to you, it took me a few months to lose the 20 lbs. doing the 30 Day Shred. A friend of mine recently started working out to Focus T25 and told me that in the 10 weeks it took to complete it, she lost like 18 lbs. I thought that was pretty awesome so I started it on Monday. It's definitely faster paced than Jillian, but I think I'm going to like it. It's set up so you doing something different every day of the week and then it shuffles each week. The first phase is called Alpha and I'm guessing that's the easier stage. If that's the case, I'm terrified of what the Beta phase will be like. Each phase is 5 weeks long and there's 2 of them. If you're looking for a challenge, I'd for sure try this before moving onto Insanity.