I'm 5'2 and goal is to be in the 120's! Looking for more weight loss buddies!

Options
Hi! I'm a 29 y/o RN and have been using myfitnesspal for the past 8 weeks and have lost 10.4 pounds. I have tried it many times before but this time I was mentally ready to make a lifestyle change. I'm 5'2 & my starting weight was 147 and I'm now 136.6. So it's been a slow loss in 8 weeks and 1 week I didn't lose at all but I just kept going. I'm proud of being 10.4 pounds lighter. Plus this time I'm not starving myself and cutting out all the foods I love only to go crazy and overeat later and gain back whatever I lost. I have 7.6 pounds to go Til my goal! Then I will probably lose another 5 or so! I'm looking for some MFP friends just for more accountability and support! In the past with weight loss, when I start seeing results & feeling better, I start slacking!! I'm so close to my goal and would love more support. I religiously log in everything I eat & drink every day even if I have a bad day! Feel free to add me! Also on IG I post at the end of the day about my food choices & struggles and mfp calorie total. I'm fabmeetsfaith on there too!

Replies

• teresal65
    teresal65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am also looking for fitness buddies. I am on week 3. Not down alot of pounds but have lost 6.25 inches total. I am always looking for and giving support. I log my food everyday also so it helps me stay on track. :)
  • fabmeetsfaith
    Options
    That is awesome progress! Adding you now!
  • RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have more weight to lose but I'm 5'1 and looking to be in the 120s as well.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1'' and looking to get down to 125. I started at 173 in April of this year. Would love to add you as a friend :)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 22…5'1" started at 184 ish in June and am down to 165 as of this morning…about 1/3 way to goal.
  • fabmeetsfaith
    Options
    Awesome Marissa! You can do it girl! Definitely add me!
  • fabmeetsfaith
    Options
    RosaileenB wrote: »
    You can add me! I have more weight to lose but I'm 5'1 and looking to be in the 120s as well.

Awesome! You can do it!!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'1" and am about 7 weeks in. My starting weight was 155 and I've lost 13 pounds so far, with another 27 to go to my goal. I log in and log daily, too. Feel free to add me!
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm also 5'2, 143 lbs and my goal is the 120's!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    5'2" also. Would love to get to 115 - 120. Add me if you like. :)
  • daennera
    Options
    I'm also looking to be in the 120's as a goal weight, and I would like to reach that by May. I'm currently at 185 and looking to lose 10lbs at least by Christmas. Add me if you wanna.
  • staffylover118
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 5'3 and also looking to get down to 120. Firstly I'd like to congratulate all of the previous posts, your all making wonderful progress! Feel free to add me ...I need support, especially over the holiday season!!!

I can relate to you a lot fabmeetsfaith, I've had many false starts and I really think I wasn't ready mentally, but progress is still progress..even if you've stalled!! I was recently diagnosed with a thyroid condition and so I'm taking my health and fitness really seriously. Also with the still having bad days lol...some of my food posts will be atrocious!! But if I know that I'm going to have a bad day....eg pub lunch with friends tommorow I'll use fitness pal to calculate the very worst scenario, and then I will allow myself to eat whatever as long as I commit myself to burn 300 calories.

Anyways feel free to add me!!! Let's support each other through the holiday season
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and between 118 and 120; I'd like to lose about 5 more lbs. I got down to 120 about 5 years ago after getting to 140 after an injury.
  • jstrait51615
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and hoping to get down to at least 120, if not lower! I am currently sitting at 143. I'm getting married in May and am determined to look my best! Feel free to add me!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am 5'2" and am looking to be about 120-125 lbs. I lost 120 lbs and was ~132 lbs in the summer of 2013, but after a stress fracture I regained weight over 14 months. I have lost ~19 lbs since September and am currently ~190 lbs.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great work so far! Just sent a FR :) Y'all can feel free to add me too!
  • dmbkss03
    dmbkss03 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just sent you friend request. I am also 5'2", recently lost 10 lbs and looking to lose another 15 or so (started at 144, down to 134). let's lose together :)
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 - started at 140. want to be 120-115. Add me if you're active!!!
  • ElisaMicciulli
    ElisaMicciulli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hi fabmeetsfaith. I am 5'2", and started my weight loss plan 54 days ago when I hit y top weight (besides being pregnant) of 153.2. I was always thin my whole life. Once I hit my upper 30's I gained 30 pounds. I lost 4 pounds in the last 54 days. Very slow progress, but I am still sticking with it. Can any of you tell us what you've been doing to lose the weight? I'd love to get down to 125.
  • jessicav1126
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Faith- I'm 5'1'', 23 years old and coincidentally I am an RN too. I currently weight 175 pounds and am looking to be around 120-130. Last year I was down to 130 pounds after being 155 pounds.I have hypothyroidism so every time I lose weight and slack off on my diet or exercise I gain it back quickly! Today is my first day of my weight loss journey. I plan to log everyday using my blog (for accountability) and myfitnesspal app. I would love to share some tips and have a few buddies to keep me motivated and on track this time!