Do you shop at thrift store?

Options
Tanie98
Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
I do sometimes but I only buy things like novels those house decoraters.how about you

Replies

• danielleespin
    danielleespin Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I love second hand thrift stores... I confess, a lot of my clothes are bought from there.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I bought my favorite shirt about 10 years ago at a thrift store. Actually wearing it today. A Space Jam shirt from Cozumel, Mexico found in a thift store in a tiny little town in the middle of Iowa!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I've got $20 in my pocket.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I buy from charity shops. *shrug*
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I have a very Vintage style about me so I would say 80% of what I buy is second hand! :)
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    No I don't. My sister does but not for me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Heck, yes. My daughter is a master shopper and she has a club membership at our local resale store. She gets special invitations when they have discounts on the discounts and she has invited me along.

Losing all this weight means I have dropped several dress sizes. I am doing a lot of clothes shopping these days and clothing exchanges save me a lot of money.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You can find great buys at thrift shops. I live near a wealthy suburb that has a church-run thrift shop, and women get rid of things from Talbots and Ann Taylor, sometimes with the tags still on them. I'm in New England, but sometimes if someone moves south, she'll get rid of her whole wardrobe there. Also, if people get things for gifts that they don't return, they just send it there. Yesterday, I wore a pair of brown leather Clark's short boots that I bought there last year for $12.00. My daughter, who is bohemian chic, doesn't shop anywhere except thrift and consignment shops. She got a pair of men's Frye boots for $20 (she wears a ladies' 11 or a man's 8 1/2) that she got re-soled every two years until they fell apart.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I usually look for car magazines I haven't read. And some various things. Not much clothes as they tend to look too worn out.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You bet!! I love them!! I couldn't keep my 9yo in clothes if I didn't go to thrift stores. He goes through shoes and jeans too fast!! Plus I can go to the designer consignment stores and find some really nice clothes for myself and my daughter at awesome prices!!
  • 412lexiLEX
    412lexiLEX Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love going to the thrift store. :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    90% of my wardrobe is from Value Village so yes I do all the time
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I LOVE thrift stores. So many of my clothes have come from there. I've also gotten a lot of cute decorations for my house. I love garage sales too!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I buy most everything at a thrift store. I refuse to buy my toddler new clothes or shoes when she grows out of them in 6 months. I get her new wardrobes from thrift stores and they are all in great condition. I just bought myself an entire new wardrobe at a TS, a lot of stuff still with their original tags. My couch came from a TS and I am pretty sure it was new. It had not one thread out of place and no stains. I got my couch for $30. I got a nice 4 piece dresser set for $24. I once got a nearly new pair of Doc Martens, which are over $100 for $5! Housewares, clothes, furniture, decorations, kitchen necessities. My whole house is full of TS. My clothes I constantly get compliments on and people are stunned when I say I got them at TS's.

• ChrisHoffman72
    ChrisHoffman72 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    NOt on a regular basis, but been known to
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I hate paying retail if I don't have to! I love pottery and have found some great pieces at thrift stores. Great place to find vintage books and clothing as well!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I used too, but now that I'm at goal I like my clothing new. I do like jewelry from thrift stores though.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Thirft no. In my immediate area they don't carry tall men size. I do go to "Plato's Closet" though where they have some kick azz chit there...
  • msKoach
    Options
    Oh yes! I love thrift stores! We have some great ones in the area who do 50% off Saturday. My kids have most of their clothes from there, as do I. The only things I won't buy are shoes, pj's and underthings.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes! Because I am poor! No jeans over $20. No shirts over $12. That's new.
    At a thrift I will pay no more than $3 for an item of clothing