Do you shop at thrift store?

Replies

• Yes, because the things there have already had all the resources used to produce them. The world doesn't need to produce another toaster or shirt, just because I need one. I like the 'recycling' aspect of it as much as the saving money aspect!
  • my_jennaration
    my_jennaration Posts: 68 Member
    OH yes! But I have a hard time finding things I like in my size for me.. However, my 18 mo old always makes out like a bandit and I have been able to find her name brand stuff like nike and puma for way cheap.. so she always looks decked out but I didn't spend that much. As a single mom with no help from her dad, thrift stores are my go to place. And when I shop elsewhere I'm always hitting the sales rack so I hardly ever pay full price for something...
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Panties are the only thing I own that didn't come from a thrift store and my 3 closets are full of treasures! Sadly, this is the first town I have ever lived in without a thrift store. So I'm contemplating opening one....
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    "I'm gonna pop some tags, got twenty dollars in my pocket!"
    I love thrift shops... most of my décor is second-hand, and also my wardrobe. I often get compliments on both :)
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Yes, when I'm in the right mood! I have found some great pieces.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    ABSOLUTELY! There are 5 that i drive by just on my way to work each day :-) i love looking for a bargain & then i can save for things that can't be shopped around for (like braces for both my kids - born 13 months apart).
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Yes! And I make a hell of a lot of money. lol I love the thrift shops around me. I find lots of named brand items, often brand new, at ridiculously low prices.
  • joshua3179
    joshua3179 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Well I do have $20 dollars in my pocket.. Soooo
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Closet full of expensive designer clothes all from thrift stores. Why would I shop somewhere else?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited December 2014
    I've dropped a few sizes in the past year so I depend on second-hand stores to stay clothed!

http://www.ted.com/talks/jessi_arrington_wearing_nothing_new
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    dym123 wrote: »
    Closet full of expensive designer clothes all from thrift stores. Why would I shop somewhere else?

This! I only started during my fitness journey. I got so spoiled, now I find it very hard to justify buying at regular prices.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    yes a great place to get clothes and other cool things
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    No, used to. Now I donate.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    I did until I got something that smelled like R Kelly's sheets. But it was only 99 cents, so can't complain.
  • mattyc772014
    lol What does R Kelly sheets smell like?
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Piss
  • mattyc772014
    Piss
    lol thats really funny. lol
  • mattyc772014
    edited December 2014
    I was able to pick up one of these at the thrift shop. h5t5bxv0f0m8.jpg

• Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    edited December 2014
    With the number of sizes I've gone down in the past year, I would be broke if I didn't shop at thrift stores... or I'd have to go naked and I'm fairly certain NO ONE wants to see that!!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Absolutely. I have found some really great things at thrift stores. There are a lot of times that I find clothes that still have the original tags on them.