Do you shop at thrift store?

Options

Replies

• Chemist1964
    Options
    I do for sure. Many times there will be brand new items there and it allows me to spend more money on my wife and kids.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Been going to thrift shops & consignment shops for 50 years ...... they get new items all the time ..... look at everything carefully .....
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I totally do! I find good brand, barely worn clothing for like 3 bux. I make out like a bandit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    90% of my wardrobe is from Value Village so yes I do all the time

same here!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    My most used dancing boots were a 5 dollar yard sale score!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I've got $20 in my pocket.

Good Will Poppin Tags :smile:

I love shopping at thrift stores.

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Thirft no. In my immediate area they don't carry tall men size. I do go to "Plato's Closet" though where they have some kick azz chit there...

Where is the closest Plato's to us?? Libertyville? I love that place but hate that drive!
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Obsessed with thrifting! I have a regular "rotation" of shops, and estate and yard sales are my idea of a good time. I buy very little clothing that way, but lots of household, furniture, antiques etc for resale. One of my two daughters is totally into it oo.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yes! I shop consignment/thrift shops all the time. I have 3 kids to shop for! I wish I could find more for myself, but finding decent clothing at my size is tough.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    No. It's just not in me to do so.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Sure, although not for clothes. Misc household stuff, decorations and so on.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    macklemore-thrift-shop-still_wide.jpg
  • mightygirlruns
    Options
    No, I don't have the patience for that. I buy all my clothes and the kids' clothes online in just a few min.
    I'm a big donator though. All the kids' clothes end up there.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm way too cheap to buy nice clothes (that aren't second-hand), I live too damn close to about five thrift stores all in a row, and my weight is still fluctuating enough that sometimes I need to bounce between 34 and 36 waist (especially depending on brand). Not mention, I still own a VCR and happen to really enjoy rediscovering some old classics (Willow, Tremors, It's a Wonderful Life, Dune, Clash of the Titans [oldschool], Frequency) for about 50 cents a pop.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm way too cheap to buy nice clothes (that aren't second-hand).

This. I like name brands but don't want to spend the money to buy new. I'll just wait for someone rich to buy it then get sick of it in a month.

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love a mix of old and new. I also like looking out for vintage/retro homewares and furniture, although it seems to have become a lot harder to find things in the past couple of years since upcycling, shabby chic, etc have become 'trendy'.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    90% of my wardrobe is from Value Village so yes I do all the time

We had Value Village back in Oregon. It was like a thrift MEGA STORE compared to the wimpy thrift stores I've been going to in Idaho. Also, due to denser population, there were just a lot of better options.

Slightly unrelated note: Craigslist in ID super-duper sucks. People think their ratty old couches are worth $200, whereas the finest couch I've ever owned I got for free in PDX off of Craigslist. I miss the selection, be it thriftstore or Craigslist!!!
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yes and I love them.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.. almost all of my wardrobe came from thrift stores, upscale resale shops or yard sales.. I bought a brand new pair of nike tennis shoes with all the stickers and tags still on and only paid $7 at our local thrift store. AND our high school sports program sells these discount cards for local businesses every year and our thrift store gives you 15% off your purchase every time you show your card there.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    pic_6_119271_500.jpg