0lbs down, 70lbs to go...

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new around here and would love some friends to share this journey with!

I'm 38 with two kids, a busy job and about 70lbs to lose. I've tried different plans in the past (WW, SW, calorie counting on another site) and I've even lost weight with some of them, but for the last few years I have really struggled to get back into the swing of losing weight and living healthily. I seem to have spent the last 5 years starting 'diets', losing a few lbs and then falling off the wagon and putting it all back on again, plus some extra for good measure. Result - today I weigh more than I have ever done (I wasn't even this heavy when I was 9 months pregnant :\ ). I need to change my ways, so I bought a Jawbone Up24 (thank you Black Friday ;) ) and signed up for Pact and MFP. I'm hoping that a combination of these things will help keep me on the straight and narrow and get me where I need to be.

If any of this sounds familiar, or even if it doesn't, please add me as a friend - I'd love to get to know some people on here and help support each other.

Replies

• AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is me.... 32 just had baby number 2...lose 57 pounds but put it back on whenbi fell off the wagon...looking to get in shape but still recovering from complicated csection so jist working on diet
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started. Happy to help you make this "start" the last one! Feel free to add me.
  • LilyAmongThorns3
    Options
    Hiya! You're not alone! but ever since i started using this site, i've really stuck to it and lost weight. I also have an up24 haha it has helped so much! I wish you all the luck in the world! i hope that you find the strength to keep on going! if you ever need encouragement, feel free to add me! :D
  • Mzklutch
    Mzklutch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with everyone else. I just started the journey and I am trying to only think healthy thoughts and take it one day at a time. If I go beyond that then I am overwhelmed. I promised myself that I will look at this as a journey that will have detours and I need to enjoy the journey as I learn more about myself.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I can lose the weight but cannot keep it off. Hoping to learn some new things this time around.