New snack ideas

Options
Looking for some new ideas for snacks to take to work. I usually bring an apple or a cottage cheese or some nuts but I'm getting bored. Thanks :)

Replies

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    apple cinnamon rice cake with a triangle of swiss laughing cow cheese on top
    dannon light and fit Greek Yogurt
    half of a protein bar (mine are 200 total calories)
    100 calorie pack of kettle corn
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Yogurt topped with granola
    Small tortilla wrapped around some cheese, cold cuts, veggies, etc
    Slice of bread with pb
    Small serving of oatmeal
    Cup of veggie soup

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit
    Granola
    Rice cakes
    Popcorn chips
    Jello
    Fiber One bar
    Crunchy veggies
  • IronBelote
    IronBelote Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you could always spice up what you're already working with too... cottage cheese with crushed pineapple, apple with peanut butter to dip, trail mix instead of just nuts. keeps what you love and adds a little extra :)
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I like protein bars, yogurts, baby carrots, fruit salad (just use half an apple, some grapes and maybe half a pear? Really, whatever fruits you like)
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    These are all really great ideas! Thank you! IronBelote I do mix crushed fruit with my cottage cheese sometimes, usually blueberries but I'll have to try pineapple. I went out and bought some beef jerky, sodium is a bit high but its a nice change.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Banana, string cheese, an orange, carrot sticks/other cut up vegetables, the Kashi cereal that's like granola but less fattening... oat clusters?
  • mandy462
    mandy462 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i am on a pistachios kick .... lots of bang for your calories buck.

and the popcorners corn chips - especially kettle or white cheddar. if you overdo it, it's not that horrible.

you can also make instant oatmeal in a mug with water in the microwave. heat the water first (i do 2.5 minutes), then add the oatmeal and let it sit covered with a napkin for five+ minutes. i know instant oatmeal isn't the healthiest, but if you go with an organic plain brand and spice it up with stevia and cinnamon, it's not that bad. very filling!