Rebounder (aka mini-trampoline) exercises

Options
Is there a forum on here for Rebounder exercises? I just got one and am wondering what all I can do on it - what does everyone else use it for? I read one can do jumping jacks ? How? without falling off ..lol...

Replies

• chicagodawn
    chicagodawn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bumping this - I found it in a search, and I'm obsessed with my Rebounder/Trampoline. I'd love to talk to others about it, share exercise routines, etc. Mainly I just sort of jog and do "soccer knees"
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    nothing to add to you guys....

But waaaaa the mini trmpoline is back!!
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    89nunu wrote: »
    nothing to add to you guys....

But waaaaa the mini trmpoline is back!!

What on earth, I just did a google search and some of the mini trampolines are selling for £300+
  • sonamon
    sonamon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a rebounder I love! I have been doing videos off of youtube. There are also dvd's out there for rebounding, The Firm has two of them and there are also several for Urban Rebounding. Yes, you can do jumping jacks, skiing, the twist, etc. You can also use your light hand weights.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hey great .... I am off to You tube to check out the videos. And next time I am in the city I will look for The Firm - I have seen some of them but not really paid attention to them.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Tracy Anderson but she has a good rebounder workout on Youtube that shows a nice range of motion types you can do on one. Unless you're really fit you'll need to modify these down.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtUEr_oy_o4

Or here's a little 2-minute tutorial of about 5 moves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fIudwlbW2o

There's a lot on youtube. I need to break mine out of the closet. Looks fun.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Thank you WalkingAlong.... They must be becoming popular again, I see they are in Costco already before Christmas.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Costco.com actually sells at least one Jump Sport model year 'round, I think. I've had one for about 6 years and have recommended it to many. I bought it direct from the company back then. I had a cheapie before it that I used a lot and this is worlds better. Did you get a Jump Sport, too?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just ordered a rebounder. I'm going to do Wii games (like boxing & Zumba) on it—without annoying my downstairs neighbors. (I have wood floors, so I bought rubber feet for it.)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I have a $30 one from Walmart. I just turn on some music and bounce, anywhere from 2-20 min. I'd love to get a dvd, though.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Costco.com actually sells at least one Jump Sport model year 'round, I think. I've had one for about 6 years and have recommended it to many. I bought it direct from the company back then. I had a cheapie before it that I used a lot and this is worlds better. Did you get a Jump Sport, too?

I don't see a name on it, but hopefully it holds up while I learn. The price was right...Free!!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I searched old forum posts, and found these videos:

https://www.bellicon-usa.com/videos/exercise-videos

• editorgrrl
    edited January 2015
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I searched old forum posts, and found these videos:
    https://www.bellicon-usa.com/videos/exercise-videos

I kept digging. Those are nine free YouTube videos from Bellicon, a rebounder manufacturer (10–30 minutes each).

There's a total of 39 at which range from 1 to 30 minutes.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Ha Ha - I did jumping jacks on mine today and didn't fall off - that is a bonus :):smiley:
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to log a rebounder on MFP. I can not find it in the exercise category. Are you just logging it as cardio?
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    I found it on MFP, search for rebounding.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their rebounder? It sure is helping me keep up with my 10,000 steps a day. WAY to much snow here for any outdoor walking.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing mine, too busy going to the gym in the mornings:) I use it more in the summer or when on break, because I use it to bounce during Dr. Phil commercial breaks. Makes me feel less of a couch potato.
  • everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There is a Facebook group called Rebounding Fitbitting Fools, which is great for me because I also use the Fitbit. I wish there was a Rebounding group here on MFP.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex + a rebounder. (A Jawbone UP24 activity tracker, too.) If I get home and see I'm thisclose to goal, I jog on my rebounder.

Fun fact: if I'm too lazy to put on a sports bra and just cup my breasts with my hands, I still get steps!