Quest bars?

Options

Replies

• jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    fit_mama30 wrote: »
    I usually buy them online (Vita Cost or other online retailer) because I'm also in Canada and I find they're too expensive at GNC. Try to ship online and you'll save a lot.

I only like the microwaved, which isn't always convenient so I don't buy them a lot anymore. I did love the raspberry & white chocolate, and also the cookie dough one. These are my fav. Apple pie is pretty good as well. I find them quite filling.

I prefer Simply Whey/Simply Protein bars because they are yummy and don't have to be microwaved for me to like them.

Hmm, microwaved....I'm going to have to try this.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I always microwave them for 15 seconds now. It makes them soft and it's seriously really good! I like them baked more but it makes a mess and it just takes too long for me.

I ordered 3 bags of chips during the Cyber Monday sale, I'm going to give it a shot... I know the reviews are pretty mixed on those!
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    However, I do NOT recommend the Quest Chips - my husband and I orderd 1 bag of every flavor - we opened and tried the Sour Cream and Onion - we each had one chips and they taste good for about one second (the sour cream and onion flavoring) and then taste awful and leave a horrible aftertaste in your mouth. We threw the rest of the bag away and have yet to try to other flavors - they're just sitting in our pantry like sad little bags of gross protein. Maybe the other flavors will be better but I'm scared to try!

I've heard a couple of people say this. My boyfriend can't stand them. I actually think they are pretty good. We've tried the BBQ chips and the seasalt. I haven't tried the sour cream and onion yet.

Hmmm - I'll have to try to other flavors then! Hopefully they are yummier!
  • Jdigs88
    Jdigs88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are a mixed bag...

The cinnamon bun one is my personal favorite, and if you warm up the cookie dough one it can be delicious.

For the most part, they keep me full a couple of hours, and while I wouldn't use them as a meal replacement all the time they do work to tide me over when I can't get real food.

All that aside, they are hard to find (online ordering by the box is most cost effective but you risk them being stale), they go stale easily, they dry out my mouth, and after a bite or two they taste like you're just eating plain whey protein which, to me, isn't appetizing.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I really like them. I get them on Ebay since I can't find them in the UK. They make a nice, convenient post-workout snack and I like the amount of protein and fibre they have.

I think my favourites so far are the vanilla almond and apple pie, but I haven't found one I dislike!
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    -what was your experience with eating quest bars? did they make you full easily? Love them, and yes, they fill me up more than other bars - I think because of the Fiber content
    -what is another cheaper place to get them other than GNC? I buy them at Vitamin Shoppe or on Amazon - you can find them on Amazon for $24.99/box so I won't pay more than that
    -which is the tastiest flavor? My preferences are White Chocolate Raspberry, Cookies and Cream and Cookie Dough
    -do they usually taste good? The ones I mentioned above, yes. I tried Double Chocolate Chunk and I was not a fan
    -are they worth the extra bucks? Yes
    -would u recommend them to other people? Yes
    -how long do they keep you full for? I eat every 2-3 hours and they count as one of my six meals - so they keep me full for that time period
    -anything else u would like to add microwave them for like 15 seconds - especially the ones with chocolate - definitely makes it taste more like a sinful dessert
  • FallToRise
    FallToRise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I tried them I thought they were awful. It was the texture that got me. It was chewy like taffy. I have tried other protein bars and had the same opinion.

Now, I also know A LOT of people that love them. I say try one and see what you think. They used to have a thing where you could get two off their website and pay only the freight.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I always microwave them for 15 seconds now. It makes them soft and it's seriously really good! I like them baked more but it makes a mess and it just takes too long for me.

I ordered 3 bags of chips during the Cyber Monday sale, I'm going to give it a shot... I know the reviews are pretty mixed on those!

I've tried the cheddar and sour cream, sour cream and onion and bbq (I feel like I've answered this before). The cheddar and sour cream were the best and tasted like a real chip. The sour cream and onion were a little less so but not completely bad. And the bbq would have been perfect if not so "hot". I finished the bag I opened and ended up giving the second bag to my running shoe store who always has a table full of food in the back for the workers.

I wonder if they liked them!

And to actually answer the OP's questions:

-what was your experience with eating quest bars? did they make you full easily? I've liked most flavors but I also eat them at the same time I eat most of my other food but I'm sure with all the protein and fiber it fills ya right up!
    -what is another cheaper place to get them other than GNC? Yeah I think amazon is your best bet or wait for sales
    -which is the tastiest flavor? I like the cookies n cream, banana nut, white chocolate raspberry, and cinnamon roll the best
    -do they usually taste good? Ohhhhhh yeah. I actually didn't like the double chocolate chunk (surprisingly since I looooooove chocolate). It was either too chocolately or a little bit too fake of a chocolate taste?
    -are they worth the extra bucks? Yup!
    -would u recommend them to other people? Yup!
    -how long do they keep you full for? Not sure

• Christine_1027
    Options
    it's good to hear everyone's opinions. A big thank you to everyone who has replied to this post! :) I will try them soon! and maybe try the microwave idea too!
    still got 20 lbs to lose, and these bars seem helpful!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    -what was your experience with eating quest bars? did they make you full easily?
    Yes, for me at least. They are rather small, so depending on what portion sizes you're used to they may not be the best option, but for me I was certainly satisfied. I wouldn't use them to replace a meal or anything, but they make a great snack between meals.
    -what is another cheaper place to get them other than GNC?
    I usually get them from the Vitamin Shoppe, they've always been cheaper than GNC in my experiences, plus they have a pretty nice rewards program you can take advantage of. In addition, I always keep track of sales on Quest's website, in addition to Vitamin Shoppe's website (both just recently had a great cyber monday special)
    -which is the tastiest flavor?
    For me, I was most impressed with the Double Chocolate Chunk (although I haven't tried the new S'mores yet). It's great alone, and great microwaved. Really, both ways will blow you away since the chocolate chips are outstanding both firm and melted, each brings something new to the table. My second favorite would be the Protein Cravings Cups, but that's not a bar flavor. The cookies & cream is pretty good, but not nearly as good as the Chocolate Chunk bar. The others aren't bad, but aren't anything special, in my opinion (you can buy them individually at Vitamin Shoppe and try each flavor, I highly recommend this if you're planning on buying them, or you can request a free sample on Quest's website and they'll mail it to you!)
    -do they usually taste good?
    I've never had a bad experience. At worst I just wasn't impressed. Again, Double Chocolate Chunk is my favorite!
    -are they worth the extra bucks?
    Since they can be expensive, I usually buy them as an occasional treat, not as a staple.
    -would u recommend them to other people?
    As a treat, yes, definitely. But not as something you need, because in reality, most people do meet or exceed their protein goals. The extra protein isn't necessary, but these are definitely great if you're having a craving but also want to fill up a little.
    -how long do they keep you full for?
    Just between meals, so like four hours? They're very high in fiber though, so while they may not fill you as much as a steak may, they're definitely more filling than a chocolate bar or another small prepackaged snack!
    -anything else u would like to add
    Don't forget to request a free sample from their website! ;) If the form isn't there anymore, shoot them an email on their contact us page! I usually always do this for new companies, and they never seem to have problems with this :)
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I read this post yesterday andddd saw these at the gym. I didn't buy them from the gym cause they're like $3 eachhhh.. but I am keeping my eye out when I go places to see if I can pick a few to try up!!!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Questbars a delicious and totally worth it. I definitely don't spend a ton of money on them all the time, but when there is a good sale I definitely stock up!

My favorites are the cinammon roll and cookies and cream.

I also find the chips pretty tasty, they definitely satisfy my crunch craving when it hits.

I find them well worth the purchase!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Quest Addict B)
  • joshuaperson
    Options
    I, myself, am a fan of Quest Nutrition products. However, there are many critics and skeptics to the nutritional claims that they promote. I can agree that some of the claims seem too good to be true (like the fact that they have zero grams sugar, 75% dv fiber and are lower calorie). Compared to other protein bars, these are great. Perfect for a quick pick-me-up during class. I have one nearly every day (and look forward to it because they are like candy bars for me haha)... My favorites are the Double Chocolate Chunk and Cookie Dough. However, like any diet, everything in moderation! Focus on eating whole foods and such.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Toss a cookies and cream one in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
  • joshuaperson
    Options
    AdaruB wrote: »
    Toss a cookies and cream one in the microwave for about 10 seconds.

They are so good baked/broiled and microwaved... That's what I like about them too. They're pretty versatile.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    someone may have already said this....but try heating the chocolate and peanut butter ones in the microwave for 5-10 seconds...AMAZING!!! someone had suggested it when I was doing research on them a few months ago and I just tried it yesterday and it tasted so much better warmed up.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I ate them for awhile and many of them taste great. If you are picky about sweeteners, read the labels carefully as many of them contain sucralose. I no longer eat them due to being stricter with what I eat and make my own bars and energy balls so that I can totally eliminate all sweeteners except bananas and dates. Very easy and fast to make and works out a lot cheaper.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So much hate for the banana nut muffin flavor ouch... Cookies and cream is pretty good, as is cinnamon roll. Apple pie tasted a bit too fake in my opinion
  • Christine_1027
    Options
    thanks for the replies everyone! (i try to avoid artificial sweeteners because they are horrible for your health)
    also gonna read the ingredients carefully before i buy my first quest bar