Anyone 10 lbs away from goal?

Options
I'm about 10 lbs away from my ultimate goal and would love to ring in the new year as close to that as possible. Its going to require an extra push and I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Let's motivate each other!

Replies

• scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5-7lbs away, and it's one of those, "so close, yet so far" situations :)
  • becky_ellen
    Options
    Im not 10lb near my goal, but i want to lose 10lb by christmas day or the end of!

some people dont think it is possible, but i think with the right food and encouragement it can happen!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If you are already pretty lean and just trying to lean out a bit more and lose those last 10 Lbs, it's likely to take longer than a month.

I'm trying to drop about 10 Lbs to get to around 10% BF and I'm anticipating that it will take 4-5 months. I'm already pretty lean and I've worked very hard on my preserving my muscle mass and body composition...I don't really want to lose everything I've gained by going too fast.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    3lb a week takes a lot of effort will depend also on how much weight you have to lose. The closer to target then the harder it will be and could end up being too much muscle.
    You need to be losing weight at a safe and sustainable rate .
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am within 2.5 pounds of my initial goal but I updated my goals yesterday so now I'm 12.5 pounds away from my new one :) Feel free to add me!
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I said "as close as possible". I'm not planning on losing the whole 10lbs by the new year. My goals are currently set for 1 lb per week. I just know its going to be more difficult now. I'm also feeling ready to kick it up a notch exercise wise. Just seeking like minded people
  • chelshull22
    chelshull22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im 9 lbs to my goal too! Lets do this! Its great to have others trying to reach similar goals for motivation!
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    6.8 from goal. Have been working so hard to get this last bit off. I am hoping 5 more pounds by new years.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Around that. Am 5ft 3 and 131 at the moment
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm there. 10 lbs to go! I've been hanging here for about a month boinging back and forth on the scale. I've had a lot of temptation (events, Thanksgiving, and just feeling over it all) so it' s been hard. Feel free to friend me!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i'm finally at about 5 pounds left of my original goal weight, but then once I get there I'll want to lose another 10 for my ultimate goal working on that in 2015.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Ultimate goal 6.2 lb to go. Hopefully early March.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    just under 10 lbs to go....it's been terribly frustrating. being so so careful and the scale goes down a bit, then back up, then back down, then back up. I'm afraid it's going to take a loooong time to get this last bit off!!!! :(
  • kl417g
    kl417g Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 10-15 pounds away and stuck!
  • kl417g
    kl417g Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    On the HCG diet, if you gain two pounds, you have a "steak day." That means you can only eat one steak and one apple the entire day. A one-two pound loss is guarenteed. You cannot do two steak days in a row. You can eat everything at one meal, or you can cut your steak and apple up and snack throughout the day.
  • kristimason3
    Options
    i'm finally at about 5 pounds left of my original goal weight, but then once I get there I'll want to lose another 10 for my ultimate goal working on that in 2015.

That's what I did. Hit my initial goal and then lowered it 10 lbs. I'm at 145 trying for 135.

• kristimason3
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    just under 10 lbs to go....it's been terribly frustrating. being so so careful and the scale goes down a bit, then back up, then back down, then back up. I'm afraid it's going to take a loooong time to get this last bit off!!!! :(

This is what I'm dealing with right now as well. Hit my 145 goal, lowered to 135. Now one day I'm at 143 the next 145 again. Then 142, then 144. I'm worried this isn't gonna happen!

• missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm within 10 pounds of my current goal but I'm still not sure where I will end up. I've never been this weight before but judging by how I look I think I'll end up close to 125.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    12 pounds here.. was shooting for Dec 31, but realistically I am looking at Jan 31. That will put me at 93.6 pounds lost. Then I will re-evaluate.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    scg17 wrote: »
    I'm about 5-7lbs away, and it's one of those, "so close, yet so far" situations :)

This is exactly me! I've been hovering around 5-8lbs away for months now...can't seem to drop these last few lbs! I'm 118lbs right now and my goal is to be 113 by new years, and my ultimate goal is 108-110 which I'd like to reach by the end of january/mid february. (I'm 5'2 by the way). Add me as a friend if you'd like!