What are your go-to breakfasts?!

Options
I'm a fan of sweet over savory breakfasts... LOVE my oatmeal and smoothies, but am also a fan of an egg white scramble or sandwich from time to time. What are YOUR favorites? :#

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 whole eggs and 5 egg whites (from a carton) scrambled and a 1/3 cup (dry) serving of Coach's Oats with around 50 grams of mixed berries and 1 ounce of chopped up almonds. I usually wash that down with a low sodium V8 and some coffee.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs and a nice, tart apple. I worry about calories rather than much about macro settings, and it's a breakfast that keeps me going well until lunch for about 350 calories.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    2-3 whole eggs and Quaker Oatmeal High Fiber.
  • phungpat
    Options
    Can't beat peanut butter and sliced banana on a piece of whole wheat toast. Yum!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I eat a pre-workout Quest bar and a post-workout protein shake before I even get to "breakfast," so breakfast tends to be lower in protein and higher in carbs. Today I had a plain bagel thin with a service of blueberry cream cheese. It fits nicely into my macros.

If you're looking for "healthier" options, I like overnight protein oatmeal or hot protein oatmeal, homemade McDonald's-style egg white delight (english muffin, canadian bacon, egg whites, white cheddar cheese), Greek yogurt with granola and/or fruit, peanut butter on toast, ore cottage cheese mixed with applesauce, raisins, and cinnamon.
  • TheTiagooo
    TheTiagooo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    All-bran and toast.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    During the week-- overnight oats with peanut butter, dried cranberries, and stevia.

Super quick-- slim fast with half a protein bar

Weekend-- three eggs, two pieces of toast, spinach, and laughing cow swiss cheese. mmmmmmm

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have to have something I can just grab and eat. I usually make up a batch of like a breakfast quiche, cut into squares and grab and eat all week. Or set my smoothie up the night before and put in fridge, then just grab and throw on the ninja. It has to be quick because my time is limited and schedule tight. More time last couple days since I hurt my knee =)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Usually just 2 eggs over medium, 2 strips of bacon (real, not turkey) or sausage, and some sort of fruit.

On the weekends I may shake it up a bit and have a 3 egg omelet with spinach, red onion, ham, and fresh grated monterey jack cheese.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    These are my regulars for weekday mornings:

2 eggs with 2oz ham and 1 slice of cheese
    1/2 serving of vanilla greek yogurt mixed with strawberry preserves + slice of whole wheat toast and peanut butter
    almond milk + chocolate protein powder, with peanut butter toast

On the weekends I'll make pancakes or waffles for the kids and usually have one or two with a slice of bacon. Or I'll make a yogurt parfait as above but add almonds, banana slices, and granola. I can eat a heavier breakfast on weekends because I don't snack as much as I do when I'm sitting at my boring job during the week, lol.
  • AprilJ10
    AprilJ10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    low fat yogurt! With Flax Seeds mixed in, ground up flax seeds
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Protein shake - vanilla protein, 1 c spinach, 1 c kale, 1 c frozen fruit, 1/2 c plain greek yogurt and a crystal light packet for flavor (mixed in my vitamix) - This gets me about 45g protein and 55 carbs, 2 servings veggies and 1 serving fruit.

I also like to have a basic protein shake with 2 Kodiak protein pancakes. 40g protein and 30g carbs
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am a breakfast diva.
    wqa37y8y7dv0.jpg
    This is savory. A single serving frittata pocketed with carrot and onion, a little hot sauce, and a couple walnuts.

This morning I had my new fave, Red River cereal enriched with powdered milk, raisins, and a dollop of greek yogurt.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with cheese, and avocado, purple onion and tomato on top, with a slice of toast and a hot drink!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I like toasted whole grain English Muffins with cheese, potato, egg and cheese tacos, oatmeal, scrambled eggs with toast. Sometimes I grab a protein bar, or make a chocolate coffee and greens protein shake.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Usually eggs, or yogurt and fruit
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Egg white scramble (4-6 egg whites, broccoli, spinach, roasted red peppers, artichokes, feta cheese)
    Hot cereal (many kinds, all unsweetened, mostly Bob's Red Mill varieties) with almond milk and fruit, egg whites on the side
    Waffle sandwich (2 ancient grain gluten-free waffles w/ 4 egg whites) and an apple
    Veggie omelet w/ turkey bacon and avocado
    English muffin sandwich (gluten-free english muffin, egg whites, slice of cheese, turkey bacon)
    Pancakes or waffles w/ nuts and fruit and a side of egg whites
    Muffins w/ egg whites and turkey bacon and fruit on the side
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If it's an early morning workout, two hardboiled eggs pre-workout, banana, spinach and peanut butter smoothie post-workout. Eggs, toast and fruit on weekends!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    During the work week a cup of Dannon Light, 2X the Protein Vanilla yogurt. Weekends I most likely don't eat until close to lunch time, but if I do it's an omlette with meat and cheese of some kind or maybe a scramble with eggs, meat, cheese, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. And of course I'm addicted to coffee, so my first cup of the day includes a 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder, so even if I don't eat right away, I'm getting some nutrition.