970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
    Chased by a rock star.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My standard is 2 whole egg omelet with whatever veggies are convenient, plus a little feta. Since I like more protein and larger breakfasts (400+ calories), I typically also have some fruit, and some dairy (or leftover meat from dinner or sometimes smoked salmon).

I'm out of eggs at the moment, so have just been having leftover dinner protein, sometimes with some fresh veggies whipped up, sometimes with leftover veggies too, or maybe a salad, plus fruit. As may be obvious, I'm more of a savory breakfast person, but on occasion I like oatmeal, and usually add protein powder to it, plus veggies on the side and some nuts. (My latest discovery has been that adding the protein powder and the nuts makes this meal much more filling for me than the fruit I used to include instead.)
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is 32g of FiberOne cereal (I portion it out into snack size bags when I buy the box - so it's just grab and go), a stone fruit (usually plum), and string cheese. If I have them on hand, I'll toss in a hard-cooked egg as well.

On days when I'm not in a rush, and feel like it, I'll cook up a couple eggs (over easy, or an omelet) with cheese in addition to the plum and cereal. (The cereal is a gotta have - I do horribly on fiber without it.) Sometimes at work, I'll grab a 90cal packet of Jack Links Teriyaki bites from the snack bin to up the protein as well.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Slice of vegetable frittata with glass of skim milk or
    cup of flavored greek yogurt with 1/8 cup of granola mixed in and milk
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado, 10 grams walnuts and one oz cream cheese. Coffee with HWC.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    6 scrambled egg whites, 100 g of blueberries, coffee, and water.
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sunday nights, I cook up a large carton of egg whites & a batch of steel cut oats. Divide the egg whites (about 5oz) into 5 containers, 1/2 cup of oats (freeze any extra). Add cinamon.

Breakfast is done for 5 days with a minute in the microwave.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats with grapes or a banana and two cups of English Breakfast Tea is my usual workday staple. On the weekends I make eggs and sometimes I make a chocolate banana protien smoothie if I'm working out.
  • phungpat
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    During the week-- overnight oats with peanut butter, dried cranberries, and stevia.

Super quick-- slim fast with half a protein bar

Weekend-- three eggs, two pieces of toast, spinach, and laughing cow swiss cheese. mmmmmmm

I had to google overnight oats, hadn't heard of that before. Looks interesting though. Will have to try.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I make egg muffins every Sunday. That way I can spend about 30 seconds on breakfast since I get up so early ... Oh..and I add sriracha!
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    oatmeal :) exsp. maple and brown sugar yummmm
  • samgoldfish11
    Options
    My favorite breakfasts include honey bunches of oats cereal and I add blueberries, raspberries, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I also enjoy one piece of ezekial bread with homemade avocado spread and 1 scrambled egg on top.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    work week- 1 egg + 1 egg white, turkey sausage or ham on either a tortilla or english muffin with salsa.
    weekends- pancakes
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    phungpat wrote: »
    rbfdac wrote: »
    During the week-- overnight oats with peanut butter, dried cranberries, and stevia.

Super quick-- slim fast with half a protein bar

Weekend-- three eggs, two pieces of toast, spinach, and laughing cow swiss cheese. mmmmmmm

I had to google overnight oats, hadn't heard of that before. Looks interesting though. Will have to try.

I was skeptical at first-- cold oatmeal just didn't sound too appetizing, but now I prefer it over hot oatmeal.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    About anything. Lately I've been having low carb tortillas with some lunch meat and cheese, lol.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Usually fruit and Greek yoghurt during the week. On weekends then some poached eggs and bacon.
  • TWMCVKnight
    TWMCVKnight Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got a nutri-bullet over Thanksgiving break so for the past three days I've been experimenting with smoothies/juice for breakfast. Some work out great like this mornings chia, banana, turmeric, spinach, coconut smoothie. Others not so much. The flax seed, spinach, celery, honeydew was TERRIBLE.
  • AprilJ10
    AprilJ10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've also been eating hard boiled eggs, they seem to keep me full a long time!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time eating breakfast (I'm just not hungry when I wake up) so mine are basic but during the week I eat oatmeal with cinnamon. On weekends, peanut butter on toast. And I love going out to our local breakfast place for 3 eggs sunny side up, toast, home fries, and pancakes! And tea. Always tea. With lots of milk.