Lost Motivation and Hate the way i feel

Options
Hi,
Last year i was working out 2 times a week in a bootcamp type of class. Then doing more at the gym. walk for break, running or yoga at lunch. Now i'm lucky if i go for a walk. I moved and got married. I go home and cook dinner for my husband and 2 stepkids. Then by the time dishes are done and such its 7 or so and i'm tired. I have workout dvd's, i have a gym membership (only 5mins from my house). the people i work with workout but not together. We take walks sometimes but usually its so busy i don't even take a lunch anymore.
I know i have to dig deep and figure out a way to do this for myself. I know this is nothing new. but i can't seem to get back to it. its cold and dark so all i want to do is go home and veg. ahhhhhh! i've lost everything i gained last year. Now i'm a year off of any exercise program.

Replies

• r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Only you can be the one to make the changes you need to make to feel better/get healthier. That said, it's totally doable!!! I have faith in you!! If you really want this, you will achieve it! Try to envision a healthier, fitter version of yourself. Image the added energy, the increased stamina, the confidence, the power and health of a better body! It's not an easy task, but it it's also not impossible! Look forward, not backwards! Make the changes now, right now, if it's what you truly want.
    You can do this! I believe in you!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I know i have to dig deep and figure out a way to do this for myself. I know this is nothing new. but i can't seem to get back to it. its cold and dark so all i want to do is go home and veg. ahhhhhh! i've lost everything i gained last year. Now i'm a year off of any exercise program.

Take a look at some of the success stories. Do you think those people didn't fall into this same trap that your in? Take a night off and read through some of them and then ask yourself if this is what you want, or do you want to "Veg"? Your asking the question which means the motivation is not gone, but the drive is. Like you said time to dig. Sure it's cold and dark, which is the best time to get prepared for when its warm and light and you want to be sporting a little less clothing?

Best to you, now go do it.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    We all fail, I lost 4 stone last year and due to an operation was out for 3 months, after that only have myself to blame for the 2 stone gain!
    You need to find your goal and why you want to be there, remember the feeling of completing a hard slug at the gym, the satisfaction of taking time out of the office/home life and get some fresh air on a walk.
    I too have a family, I am normally the first one home and tend to cook, have dinner and make the lunches etc. But I make time in the morning, I get up at 6am, give myself 20 minutes to wake up and grab a drink but then put my running shoes on and go around the block a couple of times. All before my partner and my son wake up!
  • bethwalshcps
    bethwalshcps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! you both are so right. i packed my gym bag and am going to go walk the tread mill for 10mins tonight. Start somewhere right. I'm going to re-read your comments alot thank you!
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The gym 5 mins from your house?!?!

That would be my dream.

You have the tools. You know what to do. You only need to apply will.

Try to do some big batch cooking on the weekends(soups, chili casseroles), or just some simple meal prep. If you simply decide what you'll be cooking each night, you can do small things like cut up veggies in advance to save you time and energy on the weeknights. If you do the big batch stuff, all you have to do is heat it up.
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There you go - start with the 10 minutes. The next night it is 15. Even if you do 30 per night or a few times a week, it is a great start! You know how to do this - you made it through Boot Camp classes (that is a feat!). I wish you luck!
  • bethwalshcps
    bethwalshcps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! i seem to know what to do on one hand and then i talk myself out of it. I know i'll feel better when i workout but finding the motivation is something i need to work on. I shop on the weekends and plan meals. So i don't know why i'm so tired after dinner time. My husband said he'd start trying to help me workout. I think that is a big part of my lack of doing things. is i don't have any workout buddies like i did before i moved. We have my stepson's traveling basketball and its taking up a huge chunk of time right now. I have tried to get up in the morning to workout. After i throw a load of laundry in or start a load of dishes i have to get to work. I'm full of excuses. I'll keep trying to find ways and stick to them. Thanks for all the support and ideas. i do appreciate it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to follow a program that wont let you blow it off without feeling the consequences?
This discussion has been closed.