Coffee - Good or Bad?

Options

Replies

• IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    Coffee, you say? I think that's the stuff I use to flavor my morning cup of half & half.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    you'll probably get mixed reviews here too......for me, it's good.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a stark difference in happiness on days I do not have coffee. But yeah, it does not do anything for weight loss. Wasn't there just a tea thread like this? I love myself some tea too.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I prefer pure caffeine powder mixed with pure L-theanine in a 2:1 ratio... order each, small spoons, and a scale from Amazon. Mix in super hot water. Add choice of sweetener.

Doesn't stain your teeth, better than any energy shot, and sooo strong. 0 cal, 0 carb, 0 fat.

And it's crazy cheap, like $0.02 per cup or something silly like that.

I do 250-280mg of Caffeine with 500-560mg L-theanine. (usually not more than once a day, sometimes 2)

The combo in 2:1 is considered by many to be the closet thing there is to a "smart drug" without nasty side effects.

You're welcome!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Coffee is only going to be bad for your weightloss goals if you load it up with fat and sugar... and then don't track it. As long as you fit it into your daily calorie, macro, etc. goals there's no reason it should have an adverse effect. Cheers!
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oh wow i forgot i have caffeine powder. Leftover from my homemade redbull replacement. That didn't go well.

I wonder how that would be added to my coffee!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Fuel for awesomeness. Drink it, be awesome.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with half and half and 2 sugars every day; loss is 33 lbs and counting. I just make sure it fits.
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    18 oz Coffee, 1 stevia packet, 2 creamer.
    Drink, rinse, repeat until pot is empty.

I could really give a darn if it interferes with weight loss. This midget needs her wake up.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Coffee good yes yes boing boing! Moar coffee. Coffee is friend. Coffee is nectar of gods. Drink coffee. :D
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It isn't the coffee, it's the stuff that goes into it!! The cream, the sugar, the flavoring..OH do I miss Starbucks!! LOL But as a former coffee drive thru addict, and a pot of coffee at home, I have to have a morning cup of coffee just to avoid the migraines I got from withdrawals. So it's all up to you what you do with it.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Good! I don't see how it could be bad unless you're putting like 200 calories of cream and sugar in it every day, not counting those calories and then eating up to your TDEE while you're actually going over it because of said coffee.
  • AmandaLou4319
    AmandaLou4319 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think the key factor with coffee is the amount of sugar and milk/creamer involved.

Black coffee, in reasonable amounts, can be very beneficial to your health and overall performance. With black coffee, you are getting a good amount of the antioxidants with no calories or fat.

I would just make sure you drink plenty of water because all caffeine dehydrates you. And monitor anything you add to your coffee.

I drink mine with a dash of unsweetened almond milk. Very few calories, little carbs and no sugar in the unsweetened kind. It also takes away the bitterness coffee can have.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Inherently neither...
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=agusq6xfefI

I'm going to have the coffee song in my head for the rest of the day now.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I think the key factor with coffee is the amount of sugar and milk/creamer involved.

Black coffee, in reasonable amounts, can be very beneficial to your health and overall performance. With black coffee, you are getting a good amount of the antioxidants with no calories or fat.

I would just make sure you drink plenty of water because all caffeine dehydrates you. And monitor anything you add to your coffee.

I drink mine with a dash of unsweetened almond milk. Very few calories, little carbs and no sugar in the unsweetened kind. It also takes away the bitterness coffee can have.

Coffee increases frequency of urination, not output. It does not cause you to dehydrate.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    kbenzacar wrote: »
    But coffee which is taken black - does it prevent weight loss? We all know that it gives the much needed boost

I lost over 100 lbs drinking at least 2 cups of coffee a day, so no it has no effect on weight loss.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    I just stopped drinking coffee on Thanksgiving Day and have been having green tea instead -- I've noticed I'm more tired at the end of each afternoon but other than that I really haven't had any problems without drinking coffee and I figure it is too soon to see if there is any benefit to the green tea.

No magical benefits to green tea. Really the only difference between that and coffee is that by switching to green tea you've reduced your caffeine intake by about 100mg per cup.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=agusq6xfefI

I'm going to have the coffee song in my head for the rest of the day now.

A little sad, cause I thought you meant the one by Sinatra. :(