Whats a food habit you can't seem to shake?

Options

Replies

• 78_kasia
    78_kasia Posts: 27
    Options
    Potato Chips! I've managed to substitute the regular kind with the baked version, but its not the same. I miss them :sad:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. One (some days 2) pieces/day of high quality dark chocolate keeps me sane. Somewhat.

Same here
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Eating crap that is in the house.
    I have a pile of easter chocolate and it's ALL I WANT TO EAT.

If it's not in the house, I don't even think of it. If it's there I want to eat it all in one sitting.
  • erikb329
    erikb329 Posts: 6
    Options
    Rasins, so many calories in those little guys.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can't shake the belief that I need something crunchy on the side for lunch ... chips, Cheeze Its, pretzels, etc.

I also can't (won't) give up wine, beer, or real stuff in my coffee.
  • sherany72
    sherany72 Posts: 10
    Options
    mines a little weird, yogurt and ketchup. Ecspecially curry ketchup. Ha ha love that stuff XD
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Snacking and grazing after I get home from work. I also tend to snack when I'm cooking too...so not cool!! It's a constant struggle..

I started chewing gum while cooking and making lunches for this reason. It works so well that I usually haven't even tasted whatever I made until it's time to eat. Just an idea!
    -LP
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    For me its butter on my toast and chips are my demon.
    Very bad demon.

whats you yours?

Same here!!! I've got a hellacious salty tooth!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Chips, alcohol. I also get cravings for a specific type of food that I can't shake (Mexican food, pad thai, etc.) What I have done about the latter is make my own healthier version. It tastes great and I can control what ingredients go into it. I save tons of cals by making it myself! Can't shake the alcohol though. I have a high tolerance and there's just nothing I can do about that :(
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. Can't stop, so I'm just trying to cut down the portion size and the frequency. :smile:

I started replacing regular ice cream with the pre-portioned weight watchers ice creams. They are really good and keep me from going way overboard with ice cream.
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow I feel so abnormal after reading all these. I just can't have snacks around period. Nothing, if they're around, I eat them. And I'm a horrible binge eater.I can put an entire container of double stuf oreos without blinking. I will stuff myself and then go WTF did I just EAT? I'm wishy washy too some days it's anything sweet, other days it's all salt. I'm consistently inconsistent and am working really really hard on my willpower. This is the first Easter season EVER that I haven't completely gorged myself on candy. Minor accomplishment, probably, but huge for me.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    The tendency to graze and munch.

Those calories add up..... FAST!!

I do this all the time too....I try to count everything but I'm not sure I always get everything. Could explain my recent yo yoing weight!
  • kksmom2
    kksmom2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sweets in general. But I am doing better. For instance, my family and I went out for ice cream for the first time this season last week. I would normally get chocolate peanut butter fudge (drooling just thinking about it) but I resisted and went with raspberry chocolate chip frozen yogurt. Took a lot and was very proud of myself for resisting. Learning to make loittle changes without completely denying myself.
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    CANDY PERIOD HAHA
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im abit if a grazer its too easy to go get a bickie of a small bag of chips.
    But i also love the crispy chicken skin.... so yummmy
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Raspberry Creamer in my coffee.....Im not a morning person and it makes it bearable for me!!!
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    Peanut butter!! I try to only have it 3 times a week on toast measuring out the amount.

No more 1 spoon on the toast, 1 spoon in my mouth. lol
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Oroes. If I have them in the house, i will eat them. And salty snacks too. Chips, nuts, whatever. Cant stay away!
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just one? I have many, but the one that really gets me is the Mountain Dew! I log it, but it sure zaps up A LOT of calories and A LOT of sugar! I can't seem to kick the habit, but I'm working on it. Geez...I'd probably lose 2 lbs or more a week if I cut it out completely!
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    International Delight French Vanilla Creamer....hmmmmm

I'll be honest though, I'm not trying to cut that out very hard at this point. I cut my coffee intake WAY down....so what I do drink, I'd prefer it to still taste good. Fun fact though, I bought the "fat free" stuff, and it actually has more carbs than the regular. So I stuck with the regular..FF tasted like crap anyway.