Tummy Tuck or Mini Tummy Tuck

Options
FaridPERU
FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
Does someone after weight lose did the tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck surgery?
Please Help!!
Pros and Cons!!
My plan is to lose 88 lbs and then did the tummy tuck surgery.
my height in cm is 190 and my actually weight is 286 lbs with decent muscle

Replies

• FaridPERU
    Options
    Scars??
  • Copperpot62
    Copperpot62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck after weight loss. I didn't need a full tuck. I did a panniculectomy which removes the skin only. My stomach muscles were actually in great shape after having 3 kids, being 50 (at that time), losing 100 lbs. and having gone through Cushing's disease. I have a light, thin scar from hip to hip. Best thing I've ever done and I could care less about the scar, just glad to have that skin gone. I can wear things now without that bulge at the bottom of my belly. :):) I still have 40 to 50 lbs. to go, but my abdominal skin won't be an issue now.
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    oh! thank you very match for the information!!
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why has this been flagged as Spam??? He's not selling Tummy Tucks!! Yeeesh!
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    lol i dont know!!
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had one when I was having other surgery. They took about 2 ft of skin. I'm cut hip to hip and I do have some scars. It's been 4 years. The scars are most visible where I've had the drain. It is totally worth it though because I had the 'butt in the front' from my son. The only thing is, if you gain weight again, it does stretch and hurt and you get a weird shape.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    Does someone after weight lose did the tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck surgery?
    Please Help!!
    Pros and Cons!!
    My plan is to lose 88 lbs and then did the tummy tuck surgery.
    my height in cm is 190 and my actually weight is 286 lbs with decent muscle

You shouldn't need a tummy tuck. Lose weight gradually, build muscle and you will probably be surprised how your body adjust. Don't skip your ab workouts. I saw your routines, you're doing all the right things - lift heavy, eat well, you'll be fine.
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't think you will need a tummy tuck. Lose weight first than start heavy lifting and increase your protein intake. I am talking based on my husband's experience !
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    thanks everybody!
  • happyvalentinesday
    Options
    Id wait till you get there and decide. Laser therapy can be an option too so you dont have to go under the knife. Just consult with a dr about it and see if your needs can be met that way.
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    wich one is better tummy tuck or laser therapy?
  • frompam
    Options
    I've have several friends who lost over 100 lbs and didn't need any surgery for saggy skin. It depends on how you lose the weight.
  • FaridPERU
    Options
    it depends how fast
  • happyvalentinesday
    Options
    Id say laser. But thats because im afraid of getting cut open. Ive had my breast done but its such a tiny cut. Lose thw weight and give your skin the 6 months it takes to firm up and then consider laser or a tuck. If you dont give your skin time then you may be wasting your money on a treatment to do what your skin wouldve done naturally with a little time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!