splenda vs equal vs sweet n low

Which one (ones?) Are the "bad guys"? I was thinking it was splenda so I bought equal but now that im home and already opened the equal box im wondering if I was thinking of sweet n low , and if splenda is the good one. Or are they all equally evil in their own way?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    I use stevia.
  • Grubworm1943
    Grubworm1943 Posts: 50 Member
    I use stevia.
    Hows it taste? I think thats the one I beard was an "aquired taste". So I was iffy in trying it
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    I use Equal. I avoid anything with sugar alcohol in it, so Stevia is out for me.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    I use normal natural sugar. Don't have wonder if it's bad or what.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,645 Member
    I use normal natural sugar. Don't have wonder if it's bad or what.
    Of course it is...it's poison in some circles...
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    edited December 2014
    i swear by this. You really can sprinkle it right on strawberries, soooo good!
    truvia_free_packet.png

And just to add, none are EVIL!!! lol
    giphy.gif
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    All the ones you mentioned are evil. Stevia is ok, but it is very sweet, so it takes some getting used to. It's best to quit sugar altogether though. See https://iquitsugar.com
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    What @longtimeterp said. NONE of them are evil. Everyone has their own preference, and all of them are okay. I use Splenda, because I prefer the taste over the others- it's closest to regular sugar to me. Of course, I do use regular sugar from time to time as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    blueakama wrote: »
    All the ones you mentioned are evil. Stevia is ok, but it is very sweet, so it takes some getting used to. It's best to quit sugar altogether though. See https://iquitsugar.com
    These are sugar substitutes which is why they are less than 1 calorie for most servings.
    How exactly are they evil?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited December 2014
    Sweet 'n Low is the cheapest, so I use that. Can't tell any difference between them.
    It's too late and I've had too long a day to think of a clever take on 'evil'.

Lol at table sugar being natural by any definition of the term though.
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Splenda is 100 times better than equal!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    This song and dance again?

bb5621b3551bbd467f98113c3c419415.jpg
  • All 3 are bad, chemicals that do your body harm, Truvia has something in it that causes joint pain, some people like Stevia, I think it tastes gross, so I use raw sugar, and just control how much I use.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    drooney57 wrote: »
    All 3 are bad, chemicals that do your body harm, Truvia has something in it that causes joint pain, some people like Stevia, I think it tastes gross, so I use raw sugar, and just control how much I use.

It's okay, you are new here, we will let this slide, good luck!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    None!! I gave up all artificial sweeteners a couple of years ago. I use real sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc if needed.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    I have equal at work and sweet and low at home. Basically I get whatever is on sale.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I think they all have a weird taste. I like Truvia.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Go with whatever sweetener you think tastes best and will help you meet your goals.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    Go with whatever sweetener you think tastes best and will help you meet your goals.

^^This. I prefer Splenda, but Nutrasweet was on sale for 89c a box this week. So my financial goals are met by Aspartame, lol!