So you want to burn fat and build muscle?

Options
Hello guys im designing a winning fat loss combo!
It consist of 5 things:

-Intermittent fasting (1 or 2 days a week)
-Carb cycling (7 days a week)
-Full weight Training (to raise growth hormone) (3 days a week)
-HIIT or Interval Training (to burn a lot of fat and have a good EPOC) (2 or 3 days a week)
-DIET (calculate your macros) (EVERY DAY)
-DISCIPLINE

the scheme would be something like:

Monday / Wednesday / Friday (high carb day)
-Full body workout with free weights (Barbells, Dumbbells)
you can do 5x5 GVT or 5x5 strong lifts and finish with 20 to 30 minutes of walking

Tuesday / Tuesday /Saturday (Intermittent fasting)
you can do 30 to 45 of interval training or hiit in the machine you want, such treadmill, bike, stair master, etc..
11.30-12 AM or 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA
12-1 PM: Training
1 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal of the day).
4 PM: Second meal.
9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

Saturday (moderate carb day)
Rest or 30 to 45 minutes of light walk

Sunday (Cheat Meal not CHEAT DAY)
REST!!

with this plan does not need any fat burners...

Supplements do i recommend:

BCAA - XTEND BEST SUPP ON THE MARKET during workouts 2 to 4 scoops it depends on your weight
WHEY PROTEIN ANY BRAND after weight training
MULTI VITAMIN
GREEN TEA 3 times a day
CLA 2 servings 3 times a day
FISH OIL servings 3 times a day

If you things right in a month your body will change radically.
please COMMENT!!

BEST REGARDS FROM LIMA - PERU

Replies

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Sounds good; You're basically throwing everything at it.

Personally however, I'd go for longer term, sustainability and consistency, instead of trying to maximise results over the short term.

Going all or nothing is exciting at first, and you will see results, but it is difficult to maintain over longer periods of time and you are more likely to give up completely if you have an all or nothing mind set and can't keep up to the goals you set yourself.

My advice:

Count your calories, make sure you are in a deficit, get enough protein, and lift weights. And do it consistently for a long time.

It's not as exciting, and it is a bit slower (not as much as you'd think, mind), but it works. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.
  • fevdean38
    fevdean38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »
    Sounds good; You're basically throwing everything at it.

Personally however, I'd go for longer term, sustainability and consistency, instead of trying to maximise results over the short term.

Going all or nothing is exciting at first, and you will see results, but it is difficult to maintain over longer periods of time and you are more likely to give up completely if you have an all or nothing mind set and can't keep up to the goals you set yourself.

My advice:

Count your calories, make sure you are in a deficit, get enough protein, and lift weights. And do it consistently for a long time.

It's not as exciting, and it is a bit slower (not as much as you'd think, mind), but it works. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

I've lost 14 lbs, but more important my clothes are a lot looser over a 4 month period by following this method so this works for me.
    I also include cardio 5-6 days a week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What exactly does the green tea do?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Regardless of what you do, the ability to gain new muscle (outside of noob gains) while losing fat is just not really going to be effective or even feasible, especially if you are lean.
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    uwotm8
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Something could be getting lost in translation but my impression is that this is spam with a side order of bro science.

If I'm mistaken and this is your personal plan... Well good for you and hope you don't burn out too soon.
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    you dont have to do this plan 24/7 this is only for the last few lbs
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Oh are you trying to get other people to follow your plan

yeah

no thanks but good luck with it
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You cannot build muscle and lose fat except under some pretty specific circumstances, most of which do not apply to anyone on this site.

^ this..

OP you are over thinking it …doing IF two days a week is not going to increase your fat burn. IF is just a tool to create a deficit and is not a magical fat burning diet ….

My suggestion to you …track your calories and make sure you are in ad deficit, lift heavy, and make sure you hit your macros….keep doing this until you get to desired body fat and then do a bulk …

end thread/
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    im only trying to share fitness ideas and motivate people if you dont like my plan then dont follow it
    thanks, have a nice day
  • ndj1979
    Options
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    im only trying to share fitness ideas and motivate people if you dont like my plan then dont follow it
    thanks, have a nice day

the problem is that your plan is full of bro-science and it is not going to accomplish what the title of this post is "burn fat and build muscle" because you know math, science, and physics….
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I admire your passion for your plan. Sounds like a lot all at once to start up, but if you like it and stick to it, great for you! :smile:

• LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    thanks, have a nice day

the problem is that your plan is full of bro-science and it is not going to accomplish what the title of this post is "burn fat and build muscle" because you know math, science, and physics….

das it
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I admire your passion for your plan. Sounds like a lot all at once to start up, but if you like it and stick to it, great for you! :smile:

who cares if it is based on pseudo - science …wooraaaayyyyy OP!!! wow...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    thanks, have a nice day
    While its commendable that you are trying to help, it is not helping when your information isn't supported by science. It's virtually impossible to gain new muscle mass while in a deficit with the exception of a few circumstances (over fat individuals, noobs or athletes returning to training: all of which are highly documented). So recommending to people to go out and buy all of these supplements and following a very complicated program will just increase peoples failure rates and throw away their money.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    or you can just lift heavy and eat at a deficit to lose weight
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    thanks, have a nice day

Hey man, if you feel like spinning your wheels and getting nowhere, that's on you. However, if you share your horrible plan on the forums, which are public, then you open it up to scrutiny.

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You either need to focus on losing fat or building muscle, trying to do both at the same time will most likely result in a big waste of time for you.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    you dont have to do this plan 24/7 this is only for the last few lbs

Then you clearly don't understand that any chance of concurrent fat loss and muscle gain decreases as you get leaner.
    Your heart may be in the right place but your advice isn't very good I'm afraid.